Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
PROVO — Junior Carlee Payne of the BYU women's soccer team was named to the Scholar All-America Third Team for her excellence in the classroom and on the field, throughout the 2011 season.
She was the only women's soccer player from the West Coast Conference included on any of the three teams.
As a starting forward, Payne led the team with 34 shots while contributing the second-most goals on the team and nine assists. The five goals Payne added this season put her at 11th place on BYU's all-time career goals leaderboard.
Payne helped lead the team to an 11-5-3 season record and a 5-2-1 conference record in its first year with the WCC.
Also included in Payne's postseason honors is an All-West Region Second Team award, an All-Conference Academic award and an All-WCC Second Team ward.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 51
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 47
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 42
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 12
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8
- Utah State basketball: Aggie men to... 6