Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
PROVO — Junior Carlee Payne of the BYU women's soccer team was named to the Scholar All-America Third Team for her excellence in the classroom and on the field, throughout the 2011 season.
She was the only women's soccer player from the West Coast Conference included on any of the three teams.
As a starting forward, Payne led the team with 34 shots while contributing the second-most goals on the team and nine assists. The five goals Payne added this season put her at 11th place on BYU's all-time career goals leaderboard.
Payne helped lead the team to an 11-5-3 season record and a 5-2-1 conference record in its first year with the WCC.
Also included in Payne's postseason honors is an All-West Region Second Team award, an All-Conference Academic award and an All-WCC Second Team ward.
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- BYU jumps into national spotlight after big...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars held...
- Holmoe assesses the state of the program as...
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU matchup...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the NFL,...
- Photos: BYU welcomed by fans at Provo Airport
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 106
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 79
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 64
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 31
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at... 27
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU... 27
- Holmoe assesses the state of the... 25