Blue roundup: Rick Reilly admits he was wrong about Jimmer Fredette
Last March, ESPN.com columnist Rick Reilly wrote an unflattering article about BYU star Jimmer Fredette and his NBA prospects.
Now, Reilly is eating crow. And paying up.
In his latest column, Reilly admits he was wrong about Fredette.
"It takes me 16 minutes to do Eight Minute Abs. I have a time share in Pyongyang," Reilly writes. "I once asked the ship's captain what time the midnight brunch was. But this is the first time my tiny brain has cost me $5,000. Back in March, I said that BYU hoops star Jimmer Fredette wouldn't be a good NBA player. 'In five years,' I wrote, 'he's got a really good chance to be your Provo area Isuzu dealer.' I was so sure that I said if Fredette started even one game his rookie season, I'd give five grand to his favorite charity. Well, Fredette's a rookie now with the Sacramento Kings and he finally started a game. His first game."
There's plenty more out there on the Web about Jimmer: like how the Kings are sold on Fredette. Another story reports that the Kings need two full-time employees to help fulfill sales orders for his jersey.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- The 1990 NBA draft redone: See how a pair of...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Prep sports: All-Sports awards feature 2...
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Adam Law breaks...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Amy Donaldson: It's easy for this working...
- Utah Jazz: Terry Rozier’s toughness...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 45
- Links: BYU gets a new commitment; Utes... 43
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 40
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 18
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 13
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7