Utah Utes football: Utah signs JC running back prospect
FULLERTON, Calif. — Utah scored big in the junior college market a year ago in signing John White. Today they signed another top JC running back prospect in Kelvin York, with hopes that he'll bring a lot of the same play that White did.
York orginally had committed to sign with USC, but decommitted from the program earlier this month. It was reported that it was a two-horse race between Utah and Washington for his services, with York ultimately deciding on Utah following an official visit there.
York is a 5-foot-11, 225-pound prospect who hails from Geismar, La. He rushed for over 1,400 yards and 17 touchdowns as a freshman for Fullerton and subsequently received an offer from USC, his childhood favorite. After tearing his miniscus during the 2011 season, the calls and interest from USC fell off and he reopened his recruitment, utlimately deciding to sign with the Utes.
“I just really felt comfortable at Utah,” York told ESPN's Greg Biggins. “I have a good relationship with the running backs coach, Dave Schramm, and just felt a better connection at Utah with the entire coaching staff. It also felt like more of a family atmosphere to me, and that was one of the big things I was looking for."
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 35
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20