Downtown state Workforce Services employment center closing
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Department of Workforce Services announced Tuesday that it will be closing its downtown employment center located at 158 S. 200 West on Feb. 15, 2012.
According to a release, the closure would coincide with the termination of the current lease on the property and would save Utah taxpayers approximately $370,000 annually. No staff layoffs would occur and current employees will be relocated to one of the other employment centers across the Salt Lake Valley, the release stated.
During the transition, customers coming into the downtown employment center will be notified and reminded of the services DWS offers throughout the downtown Salt Lake area, including the DWS Metro Employment Center located at 700 S. 200 East and the Road Home Shelter at 210 S. Rio Grande St.
Outreach sites at Palmer Court and 4th Street Clinic would continue to serve residents at those locations, the release stated.
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 23
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19