Downtown state Workforce Services employment center closing
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Department of Workforce Services announced Tuesday that it will be closing its downtown employment center located at 158 S. 200 West on Feb. 15, 2012.
According to a release, the closure would coincide with the termination of the current lease on the property and would save Utah taxpayers approximately $370,000 annually. No staff layoffs would occur and current employees will be relocated to one of the other employment centers across the Salt Lake Valley, the release stated.
During the transition, customers coming into the downtown employment center will be notified and reminded of the services DWS offers throughout the downtown Salt Lake area, including the DWS Metro Employment Center located at 700 S. 200 East and the Road Home Shelter at 210 S. Rio Grande St.
Outreach sites at Palmer Court and 4th Street Clinic would continue to serve residents at those locations, the release stated.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Utah native served with main character in...
- Utahn Merlin Taylor is Santa with a cause
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- West High basketball players work to debate...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 116
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 35
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 24
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 16
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12