Uninspired effort for Jazz leads to blowout loss to the Trail Blazers
Portland also forced Utah into 22 turnovers, and never really let the Jazz work their offense the way Corbin's crew claims it has clicked in offense. Jefferson and Okur, starting for the first time since April 2010 when he tore his Achilles tendon, only combined to score nine points and grab five boards.
No rest for the walloped. After flying back late Monday night, the Jazz have a practice this morning.
"I think it was a great measuring test for us, kind of put us in our place," Harris added. "We'll get back to work tomorrow and we'll see this team again on Wednesday."
Miles scored nine, Jefferson had seven points and only three rebounds, and Okur scored two points while putting up just one field-goal attempt.
The Jazz rookies showed glimpses of potential in their NBA debuts. Center Enes Kanter hauled in 10 rebounds with six points, and shooting guard Alec Burks chipped in with eight points and three assists.
Other than that, well, the Jazz can be thankful it's just the preseason.
Four days after signing with the Jazz, veteran small forward Josh Howard only saw five minutes of action. That short appearance was by design. Corbin said the Jazz don't want to risk getting Howard injured, adding that he still needs time to become familiar with plays and teammates, and vice-versa.
"We've to get to get a little more time on practice floor to make sure we feel comfortable with his conditioning," Corbin said. "He looks great."
This game offered little insight into the No. 3 point guard battle. Starter Devin Harris and his primary backup, Earl Watson, were the only playmakers to see action. Jamaal Tinsley, Keith McLeod and Scottie Reynolds didn't leave the bench.
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 64
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 41
- Kyle Whittingham says Utah Utes... 37
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14