Utes men's basketball leads the University of Portland at half, 39-27
Coming off its victory over Idaho State Friday night, the Utah basketball team picked up right where it left off and raced to a 39-27 halftime lead against the University of Portland Monday night at the Huntsman Center.
Josh Watkins scored 12 first-half points and dished out 6 assists, while Jason Washburn scored 10 points on 5-of-5 shooting. For the half, the Utes shot 61.5 percent on 16 of 26 from the field, while the Pilots went 9 for 20. Cedric Martin hit 3 of 4 3-pointers for 9 points in the half as the Utes made 4 of 9 from long range.
The 2-8 Utes came out on fire and jumped to a 15-3 lead nine minutes into the game. The lead got as high as 16 at 30-14 with 5:23 left before the Pilots closed the gap by halftime.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- High school football roundup for Friday, Oct. 9
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Utah and Utah State should...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20