Utes men's basketball leads the University of Portland at half, 39-27
Coming off its victory over Idaho State Friday night, the Utah basketball team picked up right where it left off and raced to a 39-27 halftime lead against the University of Portland Monday night at the Huntsman Center.
Josh Watkins scored 12 first-half points and dished out 6 assists, while Jason Washburn scored 10 points on 5-of-5 shooting. For the half, the Utes shot 61.5 percent on 16 of 26 from the field, while the Pilots went 9 for 20. Cedric Martin hit 3 of 4 3-pointers for 9 points in the half as the Utes made 4 of 9 from long range.
The 2-8 Utes came out on fire and jumped to a 15-3 lead nine minutes into the game. The lead got as high as 16 at 30-14 with 5:23 left before the Pilots closed the gap by halftime.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 108
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43