Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette played in his first NBA exhibition game and he scored 21 points, including four 3-pointers.
Watch highlights of Fredette, courtesy of NBATV.
College basketball guru Ken Pomeroy, who attended the BYU-Baylor game on Saturday, has some observations about what he saw.
"Based on his first appearance in a BYU game, he’s an upgrade on a team that needs a playmaker," Pomeroy writes of Cougar freshman Matt Carlino. "For those still thinking BYU is a clear 3rd in the WCC regular season race, that didn’t appear to be the case on Saturday. Once Carlino settles into the role, there’s enough here (especially when Stephen Rogers returns from knee surgery in a month) to match what Gonzaga and Saint Mary’s bring to the table."
Turning to football, KSL's Rod Zundel sat down with quarterback Tanner Mangum, who is committed to sign with BYU in February, for a question-and-answer session.
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history,...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22