Utah State volleyball raises more than $1,600 during annual Dig for a Cure campaign
Once again, Utah State's volleyball team participated in a Dig for a Cure campaign during the month of October and raised more than $1,600 for the American Cancer Society.
"We are grateful for the generosity and kindness of our community to help us raise this money for a wonderful cause," said Utah State head coach Grayson DuBose. "I want to thank my assistant, Taubi Neves, for spearheading this effort and continually making it worthwhile for everyone involved."
Utah State's annual Dig for a Cure campaign raised money for breast cancer awareness through the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation, formerly known as the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.
The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation was established in 1982 by Nancy Brinker to honor the memory of her sister, Susan G. Komen, who died from breast cancer at the age of 36.
Today, the foundation is an international organization with a network of more than 75,000 volunteers working through local affiliates and events like the Komen Race for the Cure to eradicate breast cancer as a life-threatening disease. Together with its affiliate network, corporate partners and generous donors, the Komen Foundation has raised more that $740 million for the fight against breast cancer.
For more information, call the national toll-free Breast Care Helpline at 1-800 I'M AWARE (1-800-462-9273) or visit www.komen.org.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Former BYU tight end Dennis Pitta's season is...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 139
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 89
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 69
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29