Utah State volleyball raises more than $1,600 during annual Dig for a Cure campaign
Once again, Utah State's volleyball team participated in a Dig for a Cure campaign during the month of October and raised more than $1,600 for the American Cancer Society.
"We are grateful for the generosity and kindness of our community to help us raise this money for a wonderful cause," said Utah State head coach Grayson DuBose. "I want to thank my assistant, Taubi Neves, for spearheading this effort and continually making it worthwhile for everyone involved."
Utah State's annual Dig for a Cure campaign raised money for breast cancer awareness through the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation, formerly known as the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.
The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation was established in 1982 by Nancy Brinker to honor the memory of her sister, Susan G. Komen, who died from breast cancer at the age of 36.
Today, the foundation is an international organization with a network of more than 75,000 volunteers working through local affiliates and events like the Komen Race for the Cure to eradicate breast cancer as a life-threatening disease. Together with its affiliate network, corporate partners and generous donors, the Komen Foundation has raised more that $740 million for the fight against breast cancer.
For more information, call the national toll-free Breast Care Helpline at 1-800 I'M AWARE (1-800-462-9273) or visit www.komen.org.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University.
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Utah Jazz select Baylor forward Taurean...
- Magic land Serge Ibaka in draft-night trade...
- 76ers take Ben Simmons with No. 1 pick in NBA...
- Pistorius shown in TV interview ahead of...
- NFL to interview Matthew, Peppers, Harrison...
- North Carolina AD: School will respond to...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 160
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 40
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 32
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 32
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 20
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19