"THE JESUS MISSION," by Steven K. Scott (nf): Exploring Jesus Christ's teachings and how to apply those in daily life.
"AFFLUENCE INTELLIGENCE: Earn More, Worry Less and Live a Happy and Balanced Life," by Stephen Goldbart and Joan Inusrkey DiFuria (nf): This pair of financial psychologists spell out what they have identified as hidden factors in successful people.
❐ ❐ ❐
"BLIND SPOTS: The 10 Business Myths You Can't Afford to Believe on Your New Path to Success," by Alexandria Levit, Berkley Publishing Group, $15, 260 pages (nf)
Business experts offer advice on 10 different myths to help anyone in the job market help differentiate themselves at the office, from what businesses want from their employees to job perceptions.
❐ ❐ ❐
More paperbacks recently released:
"CRAZY RIVER: Exploration of Folly in East Africa," by Richard Grant (nf): Richard Grant gives his take on life along the uncharted Malagarasi River in Tanzania, while steering clear of hippos and crocodiles.
"GREAT EXPECTATIONS: The Toddler Years," by Sandy Jones (nf): Tips on helping guide toddlers to help build their vocabulary, sleep training to treating illnesses and guiding them to independence.
"THE DOG TRAINER'S COMPLETE GUIDE TO A HAPPY, WELL-BEHAVED PET," by Jolanta Benal (nf): A professional dog trainer gives tips for both the old and new dog owner on playful, rewards-based training.
"THE DATING GAME KILLER: The True Story of a TV Dating Show, a Violent Sociopath and a Series of Brutal Murders," by Stella Sands (nf): Explores the story of Rodney Alcala, who charmed his way to a date on "The Dating Game" in 1978, and how he also committed crimes, like murder.
"DYING FOR LOVE: The True Story of a Millionaire Dentist, His Unfaithful Wife and the Affair that Ended in Murder," by Carlton Smith (nf): John Yelenic's marriage to Michile Kamler lasted five years and the divorce took three. When she began dating a state trooper and Yelenic was found dead in his own home, the trooper was the prime suspect. At the time of Yelenic's death, Kamler was still listed as his beneficiary.
"LOVE YOU MADLY: The Story of a Small-town Girl, the Young Men She Seduced and the Murder of Her Mother," by Michael Freeman (nf): A true crime story of a girl who conspired to kill her mother.
❐ ❐ ❐
"THE POWER OF NEURODIVERSITY: Unleashing the Advantages of Your Differently Wired Brain," by Thomas Armstrong (nf); "EVERY DOG HAS A GIFT: True Stories of Dogs Who Bring Hope and Healing into Our Lives," by Rachel McPherson (nf); "WORDS FOR THE WEDDING," by Wendy Paris and Andrew Chesler (nf); "CREATING MINDS: An Anatomy of Creativity seen through the Lives of Freud, Einstein, Picasso, Stravinksy, Elio, Graham and Gandhi," by Howard Gardner; "PRACTICAL WISDOM: The Right Way to Do the Right Thing," by Barry Schartz and Kenneth Sharpe (nf); "THE POWER OF YOUR SUBCONSCIOUS MIND," deluxe edition, by Joseph Murray (nf).
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes first...
- The Clean Cut: Two popular YouTube singers...
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the...
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of...
- Sundance's 'Fiddler' makes tradition fun, fresh
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channel
- Big on opera: Utah Opera's artistic director...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 9
- Man without arms and legs has a message... 4
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The... 3
- Disney moves toward $10 hourly starting... 2
- 'Hercules' is a wasted opportunity for... 2
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes... 2