WEST VALLEY CITY — Two men have been arrested in connection with a police investigation of a man found dead inside a vehicle in a church parking lot over the weekend.
Anthony Corona and Eddie Garza, both 20, were arrested and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on Wednesday for investigation of murder and aggravated robbery, said West Valley Police Sgt. Mike Powell.
Police say they believe the men had something to do with the the death of Hairam Balbuena Torres, 24, whose body was found in a car parked in the LDS Church parking lot at 4270 S. 4145 West early Saturday. Police say Torres, also known as Anthony Durate, had been shot.
A search of court documents showed that Corona and Garza both have extensive criminal pasts.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- Oldest giraffe in North America dies at Hogle...
- Zion's Hidden Canyon Trail to close for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 97
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9