WEST VALLEY CITY — Two men have been arrested in connection with a police investigation of a man found dead inside a vehicle in a church parking lot over the weekend.
Anthony Corona and Eddie Garza, both 20, were arrested and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on Wednesday for investigation of murder and aggravated robbery, said West Valley Police Sgt. Mike Powell.
Police say they believe the men had something to do with the the death of Hairam Balbuena Torres, 24, whose body was found in a car parked in the LDS Church parking lot at 4270 S. 4145 West early Saturday. Police say Torres, also known as Anthony Durate, had been shot.
A search of court documents showed that Corona and Garza both have extensive criminal pasts.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 15