WEST VALLEY CITY — Two men have been arrested in connection with a police investigation of a man found dead inside a vehicle in a church parking lot over the weekend.
Anthony Corona and Eddie Garza, both 20, were arrested and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on Wednesday for investigation of murder and aggravated robbery, said West Valley Police Sgt. Mike Powell.
Police say they believe the men had something to do with the the death of Hairam Balbuena Torres, 24, whose body was found in a car parked in the LDS Church parking lot at 4270 S. 4145 West early Saturday. Police say Torres, also known as Anthony Durate, had been shot.
A search of court documents showed that Corona and Garza both have extensive criminal pasts.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12