WEST VALLEY CITY — Two men have been arrested in connection with a police investigation of a man found dead inside a vehicle in a church parking lot over the weekend.
Anthony Corona and Eddie Garza, both 20, were arrested and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on Wednesday for investigation of murder and aggravated robbery, said West Valley Police Sgt. Mike Powell.
Police say they believe the men had something to do with the the death of Hairam Balbuena Torres, 24, whose body was found in a car parked in the LDS Church parking lot at 4270 S. 4145 West early Saturday. Police say Torres, also known as Anthony Durate, had been shot.
A search of court documents showed that Corona and Garza both have extensive criminal pasts.
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- 'One drink, one time': New research shows...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- Police say unlicensed massage therapist...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 49
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 44
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 33
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 17
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15
- Bishop, Chaffetz say EPA knew spill... 15
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 15