WEST VALLEY CITY — Two men have been arrested in connection with a police investigation of a man found dead inside a vehicle in a church parking lot over the weekend.
Anthony Corona and Eddie Garza, both 20, were arrested and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on Wednesday for investigation of murder and aggravated robbery, said West Valley Police Sgt. Mike Powell.
Police say they believe the men had something to do with the the death of Hairam Balbuena Torres, 24, whose body was found in a car parked in the LDS Church parking lot at 4270 S. 4145 West early Saturday. Police say Torres, also known as Anthony Durate, had been shot.
A search of court documents showed that Corona and Garza both have extensive criminal pasts.
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G. Mark...
- Powell family fires back at recent court...
- Fundraiser established for 2-year-old who was...
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- Windstorm topples trees, trucks, power poles...
- Vegas’ water drying up
- Man killed in court had tried to prevent...
- U. student government passes resolution... 101
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 59
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 46
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging... 27
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 25
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the... 23
- GOP resolution calls for partisan... 20
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G.... 20