John Buck earned a save last week.
The Mormon catcher for the Florida Marlins and his wife were driving in South Florida when they happened onto an overturned car with two elderly women inside.
"I pulled out of the entrance (of his neighborhood), and I saw this car upside down and smoking. I kind of saw a hand pulling at the window,’’ Buck told Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post. "I looked at my wife and my wife’s like, ‘Go help! Just go!'’’
Buck and a few others went to the vehicle and assisted the women. Then Buck called 911. Fortunately, their injuries weren't serious, Buck said in the article.
“I pulled them out, then the police came, I gave my report and was like, ‘Guess my job’s over,’" Buck told Capozzi. "So I took off."
Buck, a Wyoming native who played high school baseball at Taylorsville High School in Utah, has played baseball for the Kansas City Royals, the Toronto Blue Jays and the Marlins.
Manti Te'o, a Mormon from Hawaii, has been everything to Notre Dame's defense in 2011. Te'o was the subject of an article this week by web writer Eric Murtaugh. Te'o decided to come back for his senior year and has made an impact on the community both on and off the field.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- Picturing history: West Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Will this key line in Melania Trump's GOP...
- Did the Republican Party just adopt the 'most...
- Cookbook review: 'The Lion House Cookbook'...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: At times the people we...
- GOP platform: Plenty for evangelicals to love
- Adult coloring books get niched: Color me...
- Why many churches can't endorse political...
- Did the Republican Party just adopt the... 48
- Defending the Faith: Two theological... 28
- BYU climbs from No. 15 to No. 5 in this... 25
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4... 24
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at... 22
- Why many churches can't endorse... 13
- GOP platform: Plenty for evangelicals... 12
- Revealed: What a draft of the... 10