John Buck earned a save last week.
The Mormon catcher for the Florida Marlins and his wife were driving in South Florida when they happened onto an overturned car with two elderly women inside.
"I pulled out of the entrance (of his neighborhood), and I saw this car upside down and smoking. I kind of saw a hand pulling at the window,’’ Buck told Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post. "I looked at my wife and my wife’s like, ‘Go help! Just go!'’’
Buck and a few others went to the vehicle and assisted the women. Then Buck called 911. Fortunately, their injuries weren't serious, Buck said in the article.
“I pulled them out, then the police came, I gave my report and was like, ‘Guess my job’s over,’" Buck told Capozzi. "So I took off."
Buck, a Wyoming native who played high school baseball at Taylorsville High School in Utah, has played baseball for the Kansas City Royals, the Toronto Blue Jays and the Marlins.
Manti Te'o, a Mormon from Hawaii, has been everything to Notre Dame's defense in 2011. Te'o was the subject of an article this week by web writer Eric Murtaugh. Te'o decided to come back for his senior year and has made an impact on the community both on and off the field.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the first 3...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Defending the Faith: Remembering the Exodus...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer on trek...
- Observers uncertain about the impact of...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer... 72
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 64
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 52
- Observers uncertain about the impact of... 47
- What does the Mormon 'temperature'... 40
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 29
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the... 19
- Defending the Faith: Remembering the... 17