BYU, fresh of a 19-point victory over arch-rival Utah, is riding a four-game winning streak as it prepares to host No. 6 Baylor on Saturday.
For the Cougars, a win over the undefeated Bears would be huge for their NCAA Tournament resume.
ESPN.com's Andy Katz is predicting that BYU will knock off Baylor as his upset pick of the week.
"I got one right last week, sensing Dayton could pull off the upset of Alabama. Well, I'm sensing a possible upset by the Cougars," Katz writes. "Baylor has more talent, no question. And the Bears did dispatch Northwestern on the road and hold a decided advantage in the frontcourt. But BYU is suddenly playing really well with a win over Oregon in Salt Lake City as the highlight of the four-game win streak. The Cougars are getting solid play out of Noah Hartsock inside and Charles Abouo on the perimeter. If BYU is going to get national attention prior to the WCC schedule, it will have to occur with a win over the Bears in what should be a crazed Marriott Center. I think the Cougars will get it."
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 25