BYU, fresh of a 19-point victory over arch-rival Utah, is riding a four-game winning streak as it prepares to host No. 6 Baylor on Saturday.
For the Cougars, a win over the undefeated Bears would be huge for their NCAA Tournament resume.
ESPN.com's Andy Katz is predicting that BYU will knock off Baylor as his upset pick of the week.
"I got one right last week, sensing Dayton could pull off the upset of Alabama. Well, I'm sensing a possible upset by the Cougars," Katz writes. "Baylor has more talent, no question. And the Bears did dispatch Northwestern on the road and hold a decided advantage in the frontcourt. But BYU is suddenly playing really well with a win over Oregon in Salt Lake City as the highlight of the four-game win streak. The Cougars are getting solid play out of Noah Hartsock inside and Charles Abouo on the perimeter. If BYU is going to get national attention prior to the WCC schedule, it will have to occur with a win over the Bears in what should be a crazed Marriott Center. I think the Cougars will get it."
On the football side of things, a post on BruinsNation.com speculates that BYU offensive coordinator Brandon Doman could be a candidate to be the new offensive coordinator at UCLA.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15