WEST VALLEY CITY — Police have released the name of a man found dead inside a vehicle in a church parking lot over the weekend, but are releasing few other details.
Hairam Balbuena Torres, 24, was found dead inside a vehicle early Saturday morning in an LDS Church parking lot, 4270 S. 4145 West. Police say he had been shot. The case is being investigated as a homicide.
Details about whether Torres, also known as Anthony Durate, was found in the front or back seat or if any other items of possible evidence were found in the vehicle were not released Tuesday.
No one had been arrested as of Tuesday in connection with the shooting.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Body of overdue hiker found in Zion National...
- Tourists rescued after road collapses,...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 34
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 17