Real Salt Lake Chairman may become CEO of Yankees venture
T.J. Kirkpatrick, Deseret News
Dave Checketts, former president of Madison Square Garden and chairman of Real Salt Lake soccer team's parent company, may become CEO of Legends Hospitality Management, Bloomberg News reported citing an unnamed person.
Legends Hospitality oversees concessions and merchandising and is co-owned by the New York Yankees, Dallas Cowboys and Goldman Sachs Group Inc., Bloomberg said.
Checketts attended University of Utah and graduated from Brigham Young University with a master's degree in business, according to a profile on his company's website. He founded SCP Worldwide in 2001. The sports, media and entertainment company owns the St. Louis Blues and Rio Tinto Stadium where Major League Soccer's Real Salt Lake plays.
- Lawsuit accuses state of illegally pursuing...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529 plan
- Chinatown Supermarket opens in South Salt Lake
- 9 startup companies perfect for your family
- Consumer index climbs to record level in Utah
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Balancing act: First 'real' job teaches...
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 8
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4... 4