Real Salt Lake Chairman may become CEO of Yankees venture
T.J. Kirkpatrick, Deseret News
Dave Checketts, former president of Madison Square Garden and chairman of Real Salt Lake soccer team's parent company, may become CEO of Legends Hospitality Management, Bloomberg News reported citing an unnamed person.
Legends Hospitality oversees concessions and merchandising and is co-owned by the New York Yankees, Dallas Cowboys and Goldman Sachs Group Inc., Bloomberg said.
Checketts attended University of Utah and graduated from Brigham Young University with a master's degree in business, according to a profile on his company's website. He founded SCP Worldwide in 2001. The sports, media and entertainment company owns the St. Louis Blues and Rio Tinto Stadium where Major League Soccer's Real Salt Lake plays.
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding buckin'...
- Students hope to invent windows of the future
- Recruiting crisis? UHP, other agencies...
- David Sturt and Todd Nordstrom: Don't forget...
- How to avoid scams on Cyber Monday and Giving...
- Utahns' charitable nature unique
- Utahns urged to shift spending during Small...
- Salt Lake chef wins round in 'Holiday Baking...
- Feds: Utah companies accused of... 26
- The new Thanksgiving tradition: A quick... 11
- Utah liquor commission going slow on... 4
- Utahns urged to shift spending during... 4
- How to avoid scams on Cyber Monday and... 3
- Recruiting crisis? UHP, other agencies... 3
- Obama shops at Washington bookstore,... 2
- 5 Utah E. coli cases linked to Costco... 2