Real Salt Lake Chairman may become CEO of Yankees venture
T.J. Kirkpatrick, Deseret News
Dave Checketts, former president of Madison Square Garden and chairman of Real Salt Lake soccer team's parent company, may become CEO of Legends Hospitality Management, Bloomberg News reported citing an unnamed person.
Legends Hospitality oversees concessions and merchandising and is co-owned by the New York Yankees, Dallas Cowboys and Goldman Sachs Group Inc., Bloomberg said.
Checketts attended University of Utah and graduated from Brigham Young University with a master's degree in business, according to a profile on his company's website. He founded SCP Worldwide in 2001. The sports, media and entertainment company owns the St. Louis Blues and Rio Tinto Stadium where Major League Soccer's Real Salt Lake plays.
- Women innovators leading by example
- More Americans spending at least half their...
- Retiring overseas is more than a matter of money
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a large...
- Money doesn't necessarily equate to job...
- Historic Salt Lake building now home to...
- 19 Mother's Day gift ideas for moms with...
- Michelle Singletary: Stop picking on the poor
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- More Americans spending at least half... 14
- Proposed trade legislation could boost... 5
- US factory activity improves in April,... 3
- Women innovators leading by example 3
- Money doesn't necessarily equate to job... 2
- Exxon's 1Q profit falls 46 percent amid... 1
- Rural hospitals struggle to stay open,... 1