Real Salt Lake Chairman may become CEO of Yankees venture
T.J. Kirkpatrick, Deseret News
Dave Checketts, former president of Madison Square Garden and chairman of Real Salt Lake soccer team's parent company, may become CEO of Legends Hospitality Management, Bloomberg News reported citing an unnamed person.
Legends Hospitality oversees concessions and merchandising and is co-owned by the New York Yankees, Dallas Cowboys and Goldman Sachs Group Inc., Bloomberg said.
Checketts attended University of Utah and graduated from Brigham Young University with a master's degree in business, according to a profile on his company's website. He founded SCP Worldwide in 2001. The sports, media and entertainment company owns the St. Louis Blues and Rio Tinto Stadium where Major League Soccer's Real Salt Lake plays.
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending
- RSL unveils massive new solar project
- S.L. mayoral candidates tangle over political...
- VW executive apologizes but says scandal not...
- UTA to bolster transit service for 'College...
- Gov. Gary Herbert among the first to 'fly' in...
- Balancing act: To keep employees, focus on...
- New online screening tool finds help for...
- 40 percent tax on employer insurance... 22
- Ogden farmer's pumpkin patch, version... 10
- Warehouse clubs: Where to find the savings 8
- Rocky Mountain Power honors LDS Church... 5
- Salt Lake police receive $1.8 million... 5
- VW executive apologizes but says... 4
- A multigenerational hit: Student debt... 3
- S.L. mayoral candidates tangle over... 3