If you’re like me, you’re hoping to spread the Christmas cheer to family home evening tonight. Here are some great FHE ideas, activities, and even treats — courtesy of the blogs:
Here’s an entire family home evening lesson on the subject of “Christmas (Love)” and here is one “Christmas (Service)” from FHELessons.com. Both have stories, both have age-appropriate sections, and both have delightful, delicious treats. Enjoy!
Or maybe your kids have wondered about other religion’s holiday traditions. This FHE lesson on “Holidays of Other Faiths” teaches about Hanukkah, Kwanza, Christmas and more in a simple, but respectful way. What a beautiful way to teach your children about the Article of Faith 11, with a holiday theme.
Some families enjoy doing the 12 Days of Christmas and this blog has 12 great service ideas to celebrate the countdown to Christmas. A few ideas include “Read a special Christmas story as a family, grandchildren, to younger brothers and sisters, neighbor children, etc. or copy your favorite story and leave with a note secretly for someone.” Or “Offer to babysit for a mother so she can go Christmas shopping alone.”
Finally, this blogger came up with a plethora of “Ideas for Christ-Centered Activities” to keep your family focused on the Savior this holiday season. These include “Secret Acts of Service: Set a goal as a family to do secret acts of service for your spouse, family members, or friends throughout the week. For FHE talk with them about how you felt to serve, the importance of service and how that brings us closer to Christ.” It also features a Christmas Book Advent Calendar. Check out the entire post to find some beautiful FHE ideas.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays.
- Dog reacts to LDS missionary returning home...
- Mentor to Brandon Mull, James Dashner chose...
- LDS Family Services providing free online...
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- Book recounts LDS Church history using Legos
- Why I make my kids go to church
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to unite to...
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years ......
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to... 99
- Defending the Faith: Even in science,... 72
- Why I make my kids go to church 55
- Jewish woman launches modest online... 18
- K2 The Church's grand opening a... 11
- Netanyahu speech deepens rift between... 8
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years... 7
- Activists: Islamic State group now... 5