PROVO — It was supposed to be a close game between in-state rivals.
But BYU made sure it wasn't.
The Cougars routed Weber State, 94-66, Wednesday night at the Marriott Center, making a strong case to be considered the top team in the state.
BYU (7-2) was led by Noah Hartsock, who scored a game-high 19 points and pulled down 12 rebounds. Meanwhile, Wildcat guard Damian Lillard, who entered Wednesday's game leading the nation in scoring, averaging 28 points per game, scored a season-low 15.
During one stretch in the second half, Rogers scored 10 straight points for BYU and 13 of 15.
It marked the Wildcats' 19 consecutive loss to BYU in Provo. Weber State is now 0-19 all-time at the Marriott Center.
Staked to a 13-point halftime lead, BYU opened the second half by drilling three straight 3-pointers — two by Abouo and one by Austin — to lift the Cougars to their largest lead, 56-36.
From there, BYU built its lead to as many as 34 points.
Weber State fell to 5-2 on the season.
In the first half, the Cougars broke open a close game with a 23-9 run midway through the first half. BYU was led by Hartsock, who scored 14 points and grabbed 10 rebounds over the first 20 minutes. Zylstra scored 13, including three 3-pointers, and Davies added 11. BYU led at intermission, 47-34.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37