PROVO — It was supposed to be a close game between in-state rivals.
But BYU made sure it wasn't.
The Cougars routed Weber State, 94-66, Wednesday night at the Marriott Center, making a strong case to be considered the top team in the state.
BYU (7-2) was led by Noah Hartsock, who scored a game-high 19 points and pulled down 12 rebounds. Meanwhile, Wildcat guard Damian Lillard, who entered Wednesday's game leading the nation in scoring, averaging 28 points per game, scored a season-low 15.
During one stretch in the second half, Rogers scored 10 straight points for BYU and 13 of 15.
It marked the Wildcats' 19 consecutive loss to BYU in Provo. Weber State is now 0-19 all-time at the Marriott Center.
Staked to a 13-point halftime lead, BYU opened the second half by drilling three straight 3-pointers — two by Abouo and one by Austin — to lift the Cougars to their largest lead, 56-36.
From there, BYU built its lead to as many as 34 points.
Weber State fell to 5-2 on the season.
In the first half, the Cougars broke open a close game with a 23-9 run midway through the first half. BYU was led by Hartsock, who scored 14 points and grabbed 10 rebounds over the first 20 minutes. Zylstra scored 13, including three 3-pointers, and Davies added 11. BYU led at intermission, 47-34.
- Hayward looking like Captain America early in...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon features BYU,...
- Ansah, Wagner or Weddle: Which local had the...
- What you may have missed: UConn fan's pleas...
- BYU's defense, among nation's leaders in...
- Gary Crowton resigns as SUU offensive...
- ESPN's Brett McMurphy: 'I actually should...
- Home hasn't been so sweet in Pac-12 play
- College football: Utes climb to No. 5... 56
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 44
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 38
- ESPN's College GameDay is coming to... 34
- After win, BYU looking to improve, get... 26
- BYU overcomes mistakes, downs UConn,... 23
- Dick Harmon: Mangum uses chunk yardage... 22
- Morning links: Kyle Whittingham 'doing... 20