PROVO — It was supposed to be a close game between in-state rivals.
But BYU made sure it wasn't.
The Cougars routed Weber State, 94-66, Wednesday night at the Marriott Center, making a strong case to be considered the top team in the state.
BYU (7-2) was led by Noah Hartsock, who scored a game-high 19 points and pulled down 12 rebounds. Meanwhile, Wildcat guard Damian Lillard, who entered Wednesday's game leading the nation in scoring, averaging 28 points per game, scored a season-low 15.
During one stretch in the second half, Rogers scored 10 straight points for BYU and 13 of 15.
It marked the Wildcats' 19 consecutive loss to BYU in Provo. Weber State is now 0-19 all-time at the Marriott Center.
Staked to a 13-point halftime lead, BYU opened the second half by drilling three straight 3-pointers — two by Abouo and one by Austin — to lift the Cougars to their largest lead, 56-36.
From there, BYU built its lead to as many as 34 points.
Weber State fell to 5-2 on the season.
In the first half, the Cougars broke open a close game with a 23-9 run midway through the first half. BYU was led by Hartsock, who scored 14 points and grabbed 10 rebounds over the first 20 minutes. Zylstra scored 13, including three 3-pointers, and Davies added 11. BYU led at intermission, 47-34.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes as...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- BYU players work out at Pro Day in hopes of...
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in spite...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 102
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 16