"I want to be careful how I say this because I don't want to suggest that it has had no impact because certainly it has," he said. "On the other hand, I don't think it's a situation in which you can say that justice has not been administered properly. They've just had to do more with fewer resources and they can maintain that over the short run, but it's time we get these vacancies filled," he said.
Jones said the judges have been good about the heavier caseloads.
"Fortunately, all the judged have stepped up. They really don't complain," he said. "I'm sure they get frustrated."
Utah's federal bench
Chief Judge Ted Stewart
Nominated: July, 27, 1999 (Clinton)
Confirmed: Oct. 5, 1999
Judge Dee Benson
Nominated: May 16, 1991 (George H.W. Bush)
Confirmed: Sept. 12, 1991
Judge Clark Waddoups
Nominated: April 29, 2008 (George W. Bush)
Confirmed: Oct. 21, 2008
Senior Judge Tena Campbell
Nominated: June 22, 1995 (Clinton)
Confirmed: June 30, 1995
Senior Judge Dale Kimball
Nominated: Sept. 4, 1997 (Clinton)
Confirmed: Oct. 21, 1997
Senior Judge Bruce Jenkins
Nominated: Aug. 28, 1978 (Carter)
Confirmed: Sept. 22, 1978
Senior Judge David Sam
Nominated: Sept. 9, 1985 (Reagan)
Confirmed: Oct. 16, 1985
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to replace...
- 'We're not going to stop': Parents of Anne...
- Community comes together to surprise...
- Historic Star Mill owner sells property;...
- Photos: Olympian Noelle Pikus-Pace speaks to...
- South Jordan mayor says idea to split Jordan...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- No money for House Speaker Becky Lockhart's...
- Judge: Biological father will share... 31
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 26
- Local religious leaders urge support... 25
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 24
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 21
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias... 14
- No money for House Speaker Becky... 13