Deseret News Archive
The celebration of the 400th anniversary of the King James Bible will continue in December.
Starting Dec. 11, BYUtv will re-air the first of a three-part documentary called "Fires of Faith: The Coming Forth of the King James Bible." The second episode will air on Dec. 18 and the third on Dec. 25.
The documentary focuses on William Tyndale and his fellow martyrs who played a role in bringing forth the King James Bible, which has had a major impact on religion, language, culture, art and literature.
To produce the documentary, BYUtv flimed more than 130 re-enactments in eight different countries at many of the actual sites where original events took place. Eighteen international scholars and religious leaders were interviewed.
To see a trailer of the documentary, visit BYUtv.org.
Sunday, Dec. 11: Part 1, "Yearning for the Word," 7 p.m. EST (5 p.m. MST, 4 p.m. PST), 11 p.m. EST (9 p.m. MST, 8 p.m. PST) and 1 p.m. EST (11 a.m. MST, 10 a.m. PST)
Sunday, Dec. 18: Part 2, "Martyrs for a Book," 7 p.m. EST (5 p.m. MST, 4 p.m. PST), 11 p.m. EST (9 p.m. MST, 8 p.m. PST) and 1 p.m. EST (11 a.m. MST, 10 a.m. PST)
Sunday, Dec. 25: Part 3, "The King James Bible," 7 p.m. EST (5 p.m. MST, 4 p.m. PST), 11 p.m. EST (9 p.m. MST, 8 p.m. PST) and 1 p.m. EST (11 a.m. MST, 10 a.m. PST)
Email: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- Self-assured, Kaine brings a steady hand to...
- California governor denies parole for Manson...
- 3 key takeaways from the latest report on...
- Picturing history: West Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Will this key line in Melania Trump's GOP...
- Did the Republican Party just adopt the 'most...
- Cookbook review: 'The Lion House Cookbook'...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: At times the people we...
- Did the Republican Party just adopt the... 48
- Defending the Faith: Two theological... 26
- BYU climbs from No. 15 to No. 5 in this... 25
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4... 24
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at... 22
- Self-assured, Kaine brings a steady... 16
- Why many churches can't endorse... 13
- GOP platform: Plenty for evangelicals... 12