Deseret News Archive
The celebration of the 400th anniversary of the King James Bible will continue in December.
Starting Dec. 11, BYUtv will re-air the first of a three-part documentary called "Fires of Faith: The Coming Forth of the King James Bible." The second episode will air on Dec. 18 and the third on Dec. 25.
The documentary focuses on William Tyndale and his fellow martyrs who played a role in bringing forth the King James Bible, which has had a major impact on religion, language, culture, art and literature.
To produce the documentary, BYUtv flimed more than 130 re-enactments in eight different countries at many of the actual sites where original events took place. Eighteen international scholars and religious leaders were interviewed.
To see a trailer of the documentary, visit BYUtv.org.
Sunday, Dec. 11: Part 1, "Yearning for the Word," 7 p.m. EST (5 p.m. MST, 4 p.m. PST), 11 p.m. EST (9 p.m. MST, 8 p.m. PST) and 1 p.m. EST (11 a.m. MST, 10 a.m. PST)
Sunday, Dec. 18: Part 2, "Martyrs for a Book," 7 p.m. EST (5 p.m. MST, 4 p.m. PST), 11 p.m. EST (9 p.m. MST, 8 p.m. PST) and 1 p.m. EST (11 a.m. MST, 10 a.m. PST)
Sunday, Dec. 25: Part 3, "The King James Bible," 7 p.m. EST (5 p.m. MST, 4 p.m. PST), 11 p.m. EST (9 p.m. MST, 8 p.m. PST) and 1 p.m. EST (11 a.m. MST, 10 a.m. PST)
Email: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- LDS growth in India draws media attention
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood' by...
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 63
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 28
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 21
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20
- Defending the Faith: 'Pleased as man... 18