SALT LAKE CITY — Multiple accidents involving pedestrians or bicyclists across the state have left one teenager dead and two others seriously injured.
St. George police said a boy, 17, died after a 3 p.m. Monday accident when he crashed his bicycle on Sunset Boulevard.
The boy was riding his bicycle when he swerved to avoid pedestrians on the sidewalk. He lost control and in the tumble, his head hit a large landscaping boulder. His name has not been released.
On Tuesday, Unified police said another teenager, 17, was critically injured after he was struck by a Jeep while riding his skateboard.
The 3:45 p.m. accident happened at about 865 E. Sego Lily Drive in the White City area of Salt Lake County. The sun impaired the vision of the driver, according to police.
Later on Tuesday evening, the Cottonwood Heights Police Department was on the scene of an auto-pedestrian accident involving a 14-year-old girl.
Sgt. Mark Askerlund said the girl, who lives in the neighborhood, was crossing 3500 East at about 7850 South at 6 p.m. when she was hit by a car driven by a 75-year-old man.
Askerlund said it was dark at the time and speed did not appear to be a factor.
- Miss Utah USA gets second chance at question...
- Miss Utah USA's bungled interview creates...
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running shoe...
- Bear scare: 'Baden and Logan saved my life.'
- 7-year-old girl who met Justin Bieber passes...
- Impeachment investigation 'highly likely,'...
- Man charged with attempted murder in Ogden...
- Ogden man shot as he knelt to pray is...
- Miss Utah USA's bungled interview... 38
- BYU poll: Majority favor impeachment,... 29
- Video: Miss Utah USA flubs answer at... 26
- Teen's family apologizes to family of... 21
- 2 others back up extortion claims... 21
- Attorneys for AG John Swallow say... 20
- Gunman caught after shooting... 20
- New York English teacher assigns... 18