Multiple accidents leave 1 dead, others critically injured
SALT LAKE CITY — Multiple accidents involving pedestrians or bicyclists across the state have left one teenager dead and two others seriously injured.
St. George police said a boy, 17, died after a 3 p.m. Monday accident when he crashed his bicycle on Sunset Boulevard.
The boy was riding his bicycle when he swerved to avoid pedestrians on the sidewalk. He lost control and in the tumble, his head hit a large landscaping boulder. His name has not been released.
On Tuesday, Unified police said another teenager, 17, was critically injured after he was struck by a Jeep while riding his skateboard.
The 3:45 p.m. accident happened at about 865 E. Sego Lily Drive in the White City area of Salt Lake County. The sun impaired the vision of the driver, according to police.
Later on Tuesday evening, the Cottonwood Heights Police Department was on the scene of an auto-pedestrian accident involving a 14-year-old girl.
Sgt. Mark Askerlund said the girl, who lives in the neighborhood, was crossing 3500 East at about 7850 South at 6 p.m. when she was hit by a car driven by a 75-year-old man.
Askerlund said it was dark at the time and speed did not appear to be a factor.
- Teen accused of murdering neighbor now...
- One man electrocuted, 2 others injured in...
- ACT scores, 2015: A breakdown of each state,...
- Police identify man killed in I-80 rollover
- 9 of the worst things you can do to your...
- ‘Jackie & Ryan’ showcases beauty...
- Utah Highway Patrol trooper shot multiple...
- Police working to identify boys who left...
- Poll: Utahns would take Donald Trump... 76
- Planned Parenthood draws support,... 70
- GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush has... 28
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 24
- Commissioner wants new trial as feds... 19
- Teen accused of murdering neighbor now... 17
- Herriman residents upset rehab facility... 13
- Stolen identity: Congressman Jason... 12