Utah windstorm: Two different bloggers chronicle the giant windstorm in Northern Utah. In “Withstanding the Wind,” Mormon Soprano describes how frightening the storm was, but even better lists some lessons learned including “Always keep your car gas tank half full” and “Having a flashlight app on your cell phone is very handy” and “Keep your cell phone fully charged.”
Plus, in “Windstorm in Farmington, Utah,” UtahMomof7 describes her whole frightening ordeal, ending with “I actually woke at 4:30 a.m. to finish this post. The Christmas tree lights are on. Peaceful. The stillness of the trees outside is also peaceful. But later I hear the buzz of a chainsaw. We are warm and safe. Much will be learned from this experience.” Hooray!
VT handouts: Need a cute handout to give to your visiting teaching sisters? Here are two to choose from! First is this “December Visiting Teaching” handout that crafts in a beautiful quote from Elder M. Russell Ballard, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve. Or this “December 2011 Visiting Teaching Handout” pulls the quote about our “deliberate and consistent” efforts and makes it dazzle. Click to download and print!
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays.
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- The Piano Guys perform 'Silent Night' at New...
- Lindsey Stirling, Alex Boye, others to...
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'...
- New Joseph Smith Papers volume provides...
- All Blacks perform haka tribute for deceased...
- The effect of having a widow's mite of faith
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates... 17
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 11
- A lesson a little girl learned while... 4
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'... 4
- The effect of having a widow's mite of... 2
- Pope Francis brings peace message to... 1
- Book review: 'Understanding the... 1
- LDS World: Learning to recognize God's... 1