Utah windstorm: Two different bloggers chronicle the giant windstorm in Northern Utah. In “Withstanding the Wind,” Mormon Soprano describes how frightening the storm was, but even better lists some lessons learned including “Always keep your car gas tank half full” and “Having a flashlight app on your cell phone is very handy” and “Keep your cell phone fully charged.”
Plus, in “Windstorm in Farmington, Utah,” UtahMomof7 describes her whole frightening ordeal, ending with “I actually woke at 4:30 a.m. to finish this post. The Christmas tree lights are on. Peaceful. The stillness of the trees outside is also peaceful. But later I hear the buzz of a chainsaw. We are warm and safe. Much will be learned from this experience.” Hooray!
VT handouts: Need a cute handout to give to your visiting teaching sisters? Here are two to choose from! First is this “December Visiting Teaching” handout that crafts in a beautiful quote from Elder M. Russell Ballard, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve. Or this “December 2011 Visiting Teaching Handout” pulls the quote about our “deliberate and consistent” efforts and makes it dazzle. Click to download and print!
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays.
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- 10 things to do with an LDS account
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- LDS general authorities make appearance at...
- Home-school culture shifting away from...
- LDS apostles return to southern South America...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 58
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 43
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 33
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 31
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 27
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 26
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 18