The Cricket & Seagull: 'Glad Tidings of Great Joy' celebrates the advent of Jesus Christ all month
One of the most surprising things about Christmas is that the earliest Christians didn't celebrate it at all — the idea was just too pagan. Not long thereafter, though, the human propensity to observe important events began to assemble a celebration like none other.
In his new book on the advent of the birth of Jesus Christ, Eric D. Huntsman creates a near-perfect mix of history, facts, doctrine, stories and illustrations to engage readers of every age and intellectual bent. Along the way, you'll encounter wisemen, shepherds, angels, Joseph and Mary, and all the familiar elements of Christmas cast in a revealing new light. You'll also enjoy a heart-felt chapter on "Christmas with Autism," which shows one family's discovery of ways to fill the season with joy for every family member.
You can also follow the Huntsman's celebration of Christmas in Jerusalem this year on their blog.
Happy Advent, from The Cricket and Seagull!
- UTubers: Returned LDS missionary part of...
- LDS missionaries safe in Taiwan after earthquake
- Mormon Mentions: Adam Levine praises The...
- Mormon Taylor Swift look-alike draws national...
- After 3rd round of Hollywood Week on...
- 'Rich and fascinating': New online database...
- Music and the Spoken Word: Choosing to act
- 7 software tools to help with family history...
- Defending the Faith: Why the question... 35
- Obama at prayer breakfast: 'Jesus is a... 25
- Obama's take on 3 key debates about... 13
- Bernie Sanders disappoints some... 12
- 'A unique insight': Jermaine Sullivan... 7
- New Harmony: Reading the pope's words... 6
- Maintaining faith during LDS Church... 5
- Panthers or Broncos? God does not care 5