The Cricket & Seagull: 'Glad Tidings of Great Joy' celebrates the advent of Jesus Christ all month
One of the most surprising things about Christmas is that the earliest Christians didn't celebrate it at all — the idea was just too pagan. Not long thereafter, though, the human propensity to observe important events began to assemble a celebration like none other.
In his new book on the advent of the birth of Jesus Christ, Eric D. Huntsman creates a near-perfect mix of history, facts, doctrine, stories and illustrations to engage readers of every age and intellectual bent. Along the way, you'll encounter wisemen, shepherds, angels, Joseph and Mary, and all the familiar elements of Christmas cast in a revealing new light. You'll also enjoy a heart-felt chapter on "Christmas with Autism," which shows one family's discovery of ways to fill the season with joy for every family member.
You can also follow the Huntsman's celebration of Christmas in Jerusalem this year on their blog.
Happy Advent, from The Cricket and Seagull!
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- LDS temple rises in Philadelphia
- ValueSpeak: A tip of the hat to innocence
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common Core,...
- LDS Church releases video about... 46
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 33
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list... 29
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 9
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 7
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- In the Whirled: World peace and the... 5