The Cricket & Seagull: 'Glad Tidings of Great Joy' celebrates the advent of Jesus Christ all month
One of the most surprising things about Christmas is that the earliest Christians didn't celebrate it at all — the idea was just too pagan. Not long thereafter, though, the human propensity to observe important events began to assemble a celebration like none other.
In his new book on the advent of the birth of Jesus Christ, Eric D. Huntsman creates a near-perfect mix of history, facts, doctrine, stories and illustrations to engage readers of every age and intellectual bent. Along the way, you'll encounter wisemen, shepherds, angels, Joseph and Mary, and all the familiar elements of Christmas cast in a revealing new light. You'll also enjoy a heart-felt chapter on "Christmas with Autism," which shows one family's discovery of ways to fill the season with joy for every family member.
You can also follow the Huntsman's celebration of Christmas in Jerusalem this year on their blog.
Happy Advent, from The Cricket and Seagull!
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the first 3...
- Observers uncertain about the impact of...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer on trek...
- LDS Church to break ground next month for...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer... 70
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 58
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 50
- What does the Mormon 'temperature'... 39
- Observers uncertain about the impact of... 39
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 26
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11