The Cricket & Seagull: 'Glad Tidings of Great Joy' celebrates the advent of Jesus Christ all month
One of the most surprising things about Christmas is that the earliest Christians didn't celebrate it at all — the idea was just too pagan. Not long thereafter, though, the human propensity to observe important events began to assemble a celebration like none other.
In his new book on the advent of the birth of Jesus Christ, Eric D. Huntsman creates a near-perfect mix of history, facts, doctrine, stories and illustrations to engage readers of every age and intellectual bent. Along the way, you'll encounter wisemen, shepherds, angels, Joseph and Mary, and all the familiar elements of Christmas cast in a revealing new light. You'll also enjoy a heart-felt chapter on "Christmas with Autism," which shows one family's discovery of ways to fill the season with joy for every family member.
You can also follow the Huntsman's celebration of Christmas in Jerusalem this year on their blog.
Happy Advent, from The Cricket and Seagull!
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- LDS World: Receiving comfort in our afflictions
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after...
- Returned Mormon missionaries in college...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Temple tax: European court rules LDS... 100
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 84
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 57
- When Satan steals your motherhood 46
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- Local religious leaders urge support... 21
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after... 14