The Cricket & Seagull: 'Glad Tidings of Great Joy' celebrates the advent of Jesus Christ all month
One of the most surprising things about Christmas is that the earliest Christians didn't celebrate it at all — the idea was just too pagan. Not long thereafter, though, the human propensity to observe important events began to assemble a celebration like none other.
In his new book on the advent of the birth of Jesus Christ, Eric D. Huntsman creates a near-perfect mix of history, facts, doctrine, stories and illustrations to engage readers of every age and intellectual bent. Along the way, you'll encounter wisemen, shepherds, angels, Joseph and Mary, and all the familiar elements of Christmas cast in a revealing new light. You'll also enjoy a heart-felt chapter on "Christmas with Autism," which shows one family's discovery of ways to fill the season with joy for every family member.
You can also follow the Huntsman's celebration of Christmas in Jerusalem this year on their blog.
Happy Advent, from The Cricket and Seagull!
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- Tragedy can reveal 'the very gold of truth'
- The faith of a father, written in an old journal
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- Can Israeli farmers plant 70k trees, reap...
- 10 ideas of what God looks like
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 66
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 50
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs... 19
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 17
- New DVD tells story of David... 13
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- Church leaders can learn from NFL... 7
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary... 7