"A BOOK OF MORMON CHRISTMAS," by Michelle Kendell, illustrated by Mark McKenna, Cedar Fort, $9.99, 32 pages (nf)
“A Book of Mormon Christmas” by Michelle Kendall and illustrated by Mark McKenna is a book LDS families might use to create a Christmas home evening tradition.
Kendall offers a collection of Book of Mormon verses relating to the birth of Jesus Christ. Native American stylized borders frame the pages containing the verses.
The scripture verses are complemented by original Book of Mormon illustrations by McKenna. His soft charcoal drawings highlight the book.
Christmas hymns help tell the nativity story and are interspersed among the scriptures and illustrations. They include: “The First Nowell,” “What Child is This?,” “It Came Upon a Midnight Clear,” “O Come All Ye Faithful,” “Angels We Have Heard on High,” “Away in a Manger,” “Joy to the World,” “Hark the Herald Angels Sing,” and “Silent Night.”
The hardbound book is nicely bound and beautifully printed in yellow ink on quality paper. However, the yellow print makes the music and lyrics somewhat difficult to read. The design is monochromatic, not full-color.
It would make a nice Christmas gift that could be used all year.
Kendall, from Highland, Utah, and McKenna, from Cody, Wyo., are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Rosemarie Howard lives in a 100-year-old house on Main Street, Springville, Utah. She enjoys creating multimedia content. Her website is at www.dramaticdimensions.com.
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- New features at Ogden Temple reception tent...
- Chinese group provides home for new LDS converts
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 14
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house... 6
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11... 5