"A BOOK OF MORMON CHRISTMAS," by Michelle Kendell, illustrated by Mark McKenna, Cedar Fort, $9.99, 32 pages (nf)
“A Book of Mormon Christmas” by Michelle Kendall and illustrated by Mark McKenna is a book LDS families might use to create a Christmas home evening tradition.
Kendall offers a collection of Book of Mormon verses relating to the birth of Jesus Christ. Native American stylized borders frame the pages containing the verses.
The scripture verses are complemented by original Book of Mormon illustrations by McKenna. His soft charcoal drawings highlight the book.
Christmas hymns help tell the nativity story and are interspersed among the scriptures and illustrations. They include: “The First Nowell,” “What Child is This?,” “It Came Upon a Midnight Clear,” “O Come All Ye Faithful,” “Angels We Have Heard on High,” “Away in a Manger,” “Joy to the World,” “Hark the Herald Angels Sing,” and “Silent Night.”
The hardbound book is nicely bound and beautifully printed in yellow ink on quality paper. However, the yellow print makes the music and lyrics somewhat difficult to read. The design is monochromatic, not full-color.
It would make a nice Christmas gift that could be used all year.
Kendall, from Highland, Utah, and McKenna, from Cody, Wyo., are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Rosemarie Howard lives in a 100-year-old house on Main Street, Springville, Utah. She enjoys creating multimedia content. Her website is at www.dramaticdimensions.com.
- All 4 of Joseph Smith's firsthand accounts of...
- LDS Church to create Central Eurasian Mission...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Euphemisms can't capture...
- 21 Shakespeare quotes shared in LDS general...
- Mormon humanitarian Bishnu Adhikari, family...
- 'As great as hosting the Olympics': Utah's...
- Ground broken for Star Valley Wyoming Temple
- President Uchtdorf speaks at inaugural John...
- Q-and-A with Elder Oaks: Protecting... 121
- Defending the Faith: Warfare and the... 72
- All 4 of Joseph Smith's firsthand... 53
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Euphemisms can't... 35
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 22
- 5 professional athletes who stand up... 22
- Faith leaders call for religious... 18
- Utah woman produces her own Book of... 16