Drug hearing set for 'person of interest' in Rasmussen death case
OGDEN — A preliminary hearing has been set in one of two drug-related cases involving a woman called a "person of interest" in the death of a North Ogden teen.
A preliminary hearing was set in 2nd District Court Wednesday for Dea Millerberg, 38, for two counts of falsely obtaining or dispensing a prescription, a third-degree felony. The hearing is slated for Dec. 21. That same day, Millerberg will be arraigned on one count of endangerment of a child or a vulnerable adult, a third-degree felony.
Defense attorney Michael Bouwhuis said those charges stem from allegations that a hair follicle test conducted on Millerberg's infant daughter found methamphetamine.
Bouwhuis said his client is "stressed" for a number of reasons, but is still adamant she is not responsible for 16-year-old Alexis Rasmussen's death. Still, he said there is potential that the investigation of the girl's death could lead to future charges against Millerberg and that could impact the cases currently in the system.
"If they file more serious charges in the death of Alexis Rasmussen, that takes precedence," Bouwhuis said. "That drives the other cases, but it's early to say how it would affect those things."
Dea Millerberg and her husband, Eric, have been called persons of interest in Alexis' death. The North Ogden girl was last seen the night of Sept. 10, when she was baby-sitting the couple's two young daughters. Her body was found Oct. 18 in Morgan County.
Eric Millerberg is in prison for a drug-related probation violation. Bouwhuis said the couple's children are in the care of family members.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 80
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 29
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 15
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13