A tale of two temples: Kyiv Ukraine building honored; Salt Lake goes gingerbread
One of the 135 operating temples built worldwide by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was honored this week.
The award was given by the Ministry of Regional Development, Construction, Housing and Communal Services of Ukraine in September. (Read more in a Ukrainian government news release. Text is in Ukrainian.)
Another temple was also recognized recently, but in a different way.
Elin Lundegard and her family created a gingerbread model of the Salt Lake Temple for a contest in Norway.
An article and video on KSL.com describe how Lundegard created the model.
"The original is a fascinating building, which we experienced two years ago," she said in the article. "We are Mormons, so this building means something to us."
Latter-day Saint temples are known for their inspiring architecture, quality of construction, meticulously maintained grounds and the peace and serenity they evoke.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- New collaboration helps track pioneer...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Hobby Lobby,...
- Defending the Faith: Remembering the Exodus...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's influence...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch indexing...
- Defending the Faith: Remembering the... 34
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the... 21
- After government topples crosses in... 17
- What life was like for the Mormon... 16
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 16
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 15
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- Having trouble understanding the Bible?... 4