One of the 135 operating temples built worldwide by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was honored this week.
The award was given by the Ministry of Regional Development, Construction, Housing and Communal Services of Ukraine in September. (Read more in a Ukrainian government news release. Text is in Ukrainian.)
Another temple was also recognized recently, but in a different way.
Elin Lundegard and her family created a gingerbread model of the Salt Lake Temple for a contest in Norway.
An article and video on KSL.com describe how Lundegard created the model.
"The original is a fascinating building, which we experienced two years ago," she said in the article. "We are Mormons, so this building means something to us."
Latter-day Saint temples are known for their inspiring architecture, quality of construction, meticulously maintained grounds and the peace and serenity they evoke.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- LDS growth in India draws media attention
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- Redskins find new opponent, supporter of name...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 63
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 28
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 22
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20
- Defending the Faith: 'Pleased as man... 18