A tale of two temples: Kyiv Ukraine building honored; Salt Lake goes gingerbread
One of the 135 operating temples built worldwide by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was honored this week.
The award was given by the Ministry of Regional Development, Construction, Housing and Communal Services of Ukraine in September. (Read more in a Ukrainian government news release. Text is in Ukrainian.)
Another temple was also recognized recently, but in a different way.
Elin Lundegard and her family created a gingerbread model of the Salt Lake Temple for a contest in Norway.
An article and video on KSL.com describe how Lundegard created the model.
"The original is a fascinating building, which we experienced two years ago," she said in the article. "We are Mormons, so this building means something to us."
Latter-day Saint temples are known for their inspiring architecture, quality of construction, meticulously maintained grounds and the peace and serenity they evoke.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- The Piano Guys perform 'Silent Night' at New...
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'...
- New Joseph Smith Papers volume provides...
- Elder Oaks gives special Thanksgiving...
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- The effect of having a widow's mite of faith
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 11
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is... 4
- A lesson a little girl learned while... 4
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'... 4
- The most grateful religions in America,... 2
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates... 2
- Pope Francis brings peace message to... 1
- Book review: 'Understanding the... 1