A tale of two temples: Kyiv Ukraine building honored; Salt Lake goes gingerbread
One of the 135 operating temples built worldwide by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was honored this week.
The award was given by the Ministry of Regional Development, Construction, Housing and Communal Services of Ukraine in September. (Read more in a Ukrainian government news release. Text is in Ukrainian.)
Another temple was also recognized recently, but in a different way.
Elin Lundegard and her family created a gingerbread model of the Salt Lake Temple for a contest in Norway.
An article and video on KSL.com describe how Lundegard created the model.
"The original is a fascinating building, which we experienced two years ago," she said in the article. "We are Mormons, so this building means something to us."
Latter-day Saint temples are known for their inspiring architecture, quality of construction, meticulously maintained grounds and the peace and serenity they evoke.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- LDS missionaries share messages about...
- 6 Mormon sisters share uplifting music with...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- Well-prepared LDS Scouts rescue couple off...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Video purports to show second beheading of US...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 66
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 18
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 8
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks 3
- Brigham Young, Utah War topic of... 3