Today in the Bloggernacle: Follow Elder Christofferson to Argentina, rejoice with youths in El Salvador
Mormon Messages for Youth
San Salvador Temple: “The coolest thing about about being a member here is that people don’t call us ‘the Mormons’ anymore. Instead when they see our marvelous temple, they call us ‘The people with the castle.’” This youth in El Salvador, one of the many featured in this delightful new Mormon Messages for Youth video, is honored that he is associated with the new temple there. Check the full video: “Practice, Celebration, Dedication: Temple Blessings in El Salvador.”
Blogging survey: Patrick Mason, current Howard W. Hunter Chair of Mormon Studies in the School of Religion at Claremont Graduate University, wants to know “The impact of blogging on Mormon studies” and has produced a survey aimed at Mormon graduate students to help him find out. If you fit those two criteria, click on in to answer questions about your Mormon blogging habits. I’m excited to see what he finds out!
Argentina Saints: On Nov. 12, Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve and Elder Jay E. Jensen of the Presidency of the Seventy visited Argentina. And with the wonders of the internet, you can already watch a video about what it was like and what was taught. Elder Christofferson remarks about the members in Argentina: “They are living the gospel, they have a sense of the covenants, their families are growing up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. We have a tremendous reputation here, in part because of humanitarian service ... mostly because of the kind of people they know our members to be, as they become acquainted with them.” Plus, you can see this and the other videos I highlighted of the apostles early in the week at the Prophets and Apostles Speak Today LDS.org site where you can get related articles, current news and more updates on their travel. Awesome!
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays.
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- 10 religious leaders you may not know about
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- Over half a million people attended Ogden...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 36
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 13
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 5
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- Over half a million people attended... 4
- 5 unusual places of worship 4
- Pope Francis to marry couples with... 3