'Cakes and Cupcakes': Lion House head baker offers easy tips to making cakes, cupcakes
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
For crust: Thoroughly mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Press firmly onto bottom of a 10-inch pie pan or springform pan; set aside while preparing filling.
For filling: In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; add sugar a little at a time. Add lemon juice. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Mix in vanilla and combine thoroughly. Pour into crust; fill to within 1⁄2 inch of top to allow room for topping. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until the center does not move when the pan is gently moved.
For topping: When cheesecake is almost finished baking, beat sour cream with a wire whisk; add sugar and vanilla and mix well. Pour over completely baked cake and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Cool completely. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with desired fruit topping or serve plain.
Note: All cheesecakes can be baked, cooled and frozen for an easy dessert later.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Wright Words: Christmas Jars tradition...
- A mother's voice: Remembering Emilie a year...
- One thing that changes every marriage
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Ann and Mitt Romney...
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 17
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be... 16
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did... 10
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for... 9
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Ann and Mitt... 8
- Low math, science scores blamed on... 8
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: What if negative... 6