Lewis Jacobs, NBC
LOS ANGELES — At the conclusion to Season 3 for "The Sing-Off," a five-member group from Arlington, Texas, called Pentatonix took the top spot chosen by the television audience.
The Dartmouth Aires from Hanover, N.H., shared the top spot briefly after Urban Method, the group from Denver, Colo., was eliminated after three million votes were tallied.
Utahn Nic Chuaqui is part of the Dartmouth Aires.
The men's a cappella group from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah, Vocal Point, stayed in the running for the $200,000 cash prize, the season championship title and a Sony recording contract, for nine weeks of competition.
Vocal Point also returned for the season finale with Keith Evans singing one of the lead vocals in the male singers' feature "Born to Run" number.
Delilah, an all-female group comprised of singers gleaned from the show's first two seasons, returned as well. Two Mormon singers, Amy Lynn Whitcomb and Laina Walker, are in the group. Whitcomb took a lead vocal role in the women's feature song.
Vocal Point and Delilah, along with the other top 10 groups, will perform in the show's Christmas finale which will air Monday, Dec. 5, at 8 p.m. on NBC.
Sharon Haddock is a professional writer with 35 years experience, 17 at the Deseret News. Her personal blog is at sharonhaddock.blogspot.com.
- The Killers collaborates with Owen Wilson and...
- Carrie Underwood stars in NBC's 'The Sound of...
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- Saving Africa? New book casts harsh light on...
- Faith sustained author through rejection,...
- 'A Christmas Story' fans encounter BB gun,...
- Pentatonix shares 'magical' a cappella...
- Utahn hits the big time on Broadway
- The Killers collaborates with Owen... 7
- Saving Africa? New book casts harsh... 6
- Alpine woman is a dessert contest,... 5
- Frugal millennials leading way in... 5
- Faith sustained author through... 5
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the... 4
- Speed a factor in crash that killed... 3
- Fatherhood inspired one of Walker's... 2