SALT LAKE CITY — Utah had no fatal accidents over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, leading the Utah Highway Patrol to call its enforcement efforts "a tremendous success."
"With troopers out in force, working more than 100 extra shifts, we had the ability to impact the way motorists arrived at their destinations this last weekend," said UHP Col. Daniel Fuhr. "We are thankful for those motorists who slowed down, used their seat belts and did not drive impaired."
Officials say the state normally sees about one fatality per day over the busy travel weekend.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 14
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13