SALT LAKE CITY — Utah had no fatal accidents over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, leading the Utah Highway Patrol to call its enforcement efforts "a tremendous success."
"With troopers out in force, working more than 100 extra shifts, we had the ability to impact the way motorists arrived at their destinations this last weekend," said UHP Col. Daniel Fuhr. "We are thankful for those motorists who slowed down, used their seat belts and did not drive impaired."
Officials say the state normally sees about one fatality per day over the busy travel weekend.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Chris Stewart endorses presidential... 18