Aggie football's Wagner garners WAC Defensive Player of Week accolade
Men's basketball — Senior forward Morgan Grim (Riverton, Utah) helped Utah State to a 1-1 road record last week as it lost at Texas A&M at Corpus Christi (58-55 OT) and won at Idaho State (75-62). Against the Islanders, Grim recorded his first-ever double-double as he recorded a career-high 20 points and a career-high 12 rebounds in a career-best 42 minutes. Grim also tied his career-high with two assists in the game. Against the Bengals, Grim scored in double-figures for the third time this season as he finished with 11 points and six rebounds. He also tied his career-highs with two assists and two blocks in the game. For the week, Grim averaged 15.5 points, 9.0 rebounds, 2.0 assists, 1.0 blocks and 0.5 steals per game, while shooting 40.0 percent from the field (10-25) and 73.3 percent at the free-throw line (11-15).
Women's basketball — Senior guard Brooke Jackson (Mesa, Ariz.) helped Utah State win a pair of home games last week against Boise State (97-86) and UC Riverside (71-68). Against the Broncos, Jackson scored a career high 27 points on 9-of-11 shooting to go along with five rebounds, four assists and three steals. Against the Highlanders, she scored 11 points to go along with six assists, five rebounds and two steals. For the week, Jackson averaged 19.0 points, 5.0 rebounds, 5.0 assists and 2.5 steals, while shooting 70.6 percent from the field (12-17), 44.4 percent from three-point range (4-9) and 71.4 percent from the free-throw line (10-14).
2011-12 UTAH STATE ATHLETE OF THE WEEK WINNERS
Aug. 29 — Shantel Flanary, soccer
Sept. 5 — Chuckie Keeton, football
Sept. 12 — Robert Turbin, football
Sept. 19 — Brian McKenna, cross country
Sept. 26 — Marcus Fritz, men’s tennis
Oct. 3 — Robert Turbin, football
Oct. 10 — Chuckie Keeton, football
Oct. 17 — Liz McArthur, volleyball
Oct. 24 — Jennifer Flynn, soccer
Oct. 31 — Brian McKenna, cross country
Nov. 7 — Molli Merrill, soccer
Nov. 14 — Brockeith Pane, men’s basketball
Nov. 21 — Robert Turbin, football
Nov. 28 — Bobby Wagner, football
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University.
- MLS Cup live blog: Sporting KC wins 7-6 in...
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz continue slide with overtime...
- BYU basketball: Hot-shooting UMass fires its...
- Utah State football: Aggie defense plays...
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Real Salt Lake: RSL's quest to win MLS Cup...
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog: Minutemen's...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 101
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 60
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 50
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass,... 27
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie... 27
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 27