Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
WEST VALLEY CITY — Santa Claus made his seasonal debut Friday during the ChamberWest Christmas Parade at the Valley Fair Mall.
Local businesses, including ChamberWest Regional Chamber of Commerce, helped to sponsor the parade, which ushers in the Christmas shopping season each year. It has become the largest Christmas parade in the Salt Lake Valley, featuring local dance groups and marching bands, as well as freebies and advertisements for local goods.
ChamberWest, which serves West Valley City, Taylorsville and the Kearns township, promotes the parade every year to honor the growing and expanding western areas of Salt Lake County. The group is also committed to business development and economic prosperity, promoting a positive community and business atmosphere for the region.
This year, the parade precedes "Small Business Saturday," which encourages shoppers to buy local, where dollars count.
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Fire rips through Orem structure under...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- 4 interactive ways to teach your kids about...
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal ash
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 33
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15