Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
WEST VALLEY CITY — Santa Claus made his seasonal debut Friday during the ChamberWest Christmas Parade at the Valley Fair Mall.
Local businesses, including ChamberWest Regional Chamber of Commerce, helped to sponsor the parade, which ushers in the Christmas shopping season each year. It has become the largest Christmas parade in the Salt Lake Valley, featuring local dance groups and marching bands, as well as freebies and advertisements for local goods.
ChamberWest, which serves West Valley City, Taylorsville and the Kearns township, promotes the parade every year to honor the growing and expanding western areas of Salt Lake County. The group is also committed to business development and economic prosperity, promoting a positive community and business atmosphere for the region.
This year, the parade precedes "Small Business Saturday," which encourages shoppers to buy local, where dollars count.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer for...
- Police: ICU evacuated after man barricades...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7