Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
WEST VALLEY CITY — Santa Claus made his seasonal debut Friday during the ChamberWest Christmas Parade at the Valley Fair Mall.
Local businesses, including ChamberWest Regional Chamber of Commerce, helped to sponsor the parade, which ushers in the Christmas shopping season each year. It has become the largest Christmas parade in the Salt Lake Valley, featuring local dance groups and marching bands, as well as freebies and advertisements for local goods.
ChamberWest, which serves West Valley City, Taylorsville and the Kearns township, promotes the parade every year to honor the growing and expanding western areas of Salt Lake County. The group is also committed to business development and economic prosperity, promoting a positive community and business atmosphere for the region.
This year, the parade precedes "Small Business Saturday," which encourages shoppers to buy local, where dollars count.
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Race heating up as congressional Democrats...
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 40
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 36
- IRS raids properties with possible... 22
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11
- Race heating up as congressional... 11