Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
WEST VALLEY CITY — Santa Claus made his seasonal debut Friday during the ChamberWest Christmas Parade at the Valley Fair Mall.
Local businesses, including ChamberWest Regional Chamber of Commerce, helped to sponsor the parade, which ushers in the Christmas shopping season each year. It has become the largest Christmas parade in the Salt Lake Valley, featuring local dance groups and marching bands, as well as freebies and advertisements for local goods.
ChamberWest, which serves West Valley City, Taylorsville and the Kearns township, promotes the parade every year to honor the growing and expanding western areas of Salt Lake County. The group is also committed to business development and economic prosperity, promoting a positive community and business atmosphere for the region.
This year, the parade precedes "Small Business Saturday," which encourages shoppers to buy local, where dollars count.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 14
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13