Texas man killed in rollover on state Route 6 near Tucker
TUCKER, Utah County — A 62-year-old Texas man is dead after police believe he lost control of his vehicle while traveling through Spanish Fork Canyon Tueday.
Jerry Mac Griffis, of Fort, Texas, was traveling east on U.S. 6 near milepost 205 when his vehicle, a 1993 Dodge Ram, swerved left for unknown reasons.
An attempt to correct spun the vehicle 180 degrees and sent it across both lanes of traffic, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. The truck then slid off the shoulder and rolled down a steep embankment.
Griffis was not wearing a seat belt and was thrown from the vehicle as it rolled. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Parents say daughter didn't understand... 22
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14