The store offers a wide array of clothing, shoes, furniture, bed and bath items as well as housewares. There is also a good selection of used holiday decorations, she said.
Black said Savers stores are clean, well lit and well organized, which enhances the shopping experience.
"We try to be inviting and fun."
Bargain hunter's glossary:
A consignment shop accepts merchandise on a consignment basis, paying the owners of the merchandise a percentage when and if the items are sold.
A resale shop is the phrase most often used for stores that buy their merchandise outright from individual owners.
A thrift shop is run by a nonprofit organization to raise money to fund their charitable causes. These range from the large Salvation Army/Goodwill chains to individual school, church or hospital thrift shops. Nonprofits can obtain goods through donations or they could operate on a consignment basis—some do both.
Source: National Association of Resale & Thrift Stores
- Parents remember child, 6, who died days...
- British judge hears arguments in case LDS...
- Parties have now finalized arguments in...
- Can House speaker be a 'real fighter' in...
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Bill passed by Legislature may mean Utah...
- Woman critically injured after an explosion...
- Utah National Guard's 142nd Military...
- Parties have now finalized arguments in... 78
- Utah recognition of same-sex marriage... 76
- British judge hears arguments in case... 66
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in... 41
- Cyclists killed in early morning crash... 36
- Utah prosecutors forward allegations... 34
- House report: John Swallow hung 'for... 32
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough... 29