Red roundup: Kyle Whittingham's $525,000 pay raise mentioned in USA Today report
Tom Smart, Deseret News
Utah coach Kyle Whittingham and his $525,000 pay raise this season are mentioned in a USA Today report.
Athletics director Chris Hill said the bump in pay (to $1.7 million per year) had to do with the Utes' move from the Mountain West to the Pac-12.
"We felt that as we made that move, we had to take people who do a good job and get them at least somewhat in the middle of the league," Hill told the newspaper.
A database of college football coaches salaries is included.
— The Pac-12 announced its all-conference academic team.
— Former Ute QB Alex Smith isn't worrying about a new contract from the 49ers right now.
— Check out ESPN 700's recent interviews involving the Utes.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26