Red roundup: Kyle Whittingham's $525,000 pay raise mentioned in USA Today report
Tom Smart, Deseret News
Utah coach Kyle Whittingham and his $525,000 pay raise this season are mentioned in a USA Today report.
Athletics director Chris Hill said the bump in pay (to $1.7 million per year) had to do with the Utes' move from the Mountain West to the Pac-12.
"We felt that as we made that move, we had to take people who do a good job and get them at least somewhat in the middle of the league," Hill told the newspaper.
A database of college football coaches salaries is included.
— The Pac-12 announced its all-conference academic team.
— Former Ute QB Alex Smith isn't worrying about a new contract from the 49ers right now.
— Check out ESPN 700's recent interviews involving the Utes.
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Rudy Gobert made Suns pay for Foul-A-Frenchie...
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the road...
- Mike Sorensen: Manning's storybook ending...
- Oregon overpowers Utes for 76-66 victory
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to Pacific,...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 84
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 65
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Brad Rock: Recruiting day puts Utes in... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 28
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22