Red roundup: Kyle Whittingham's $525,000 pay raise mentioned in USA Today report
Tom Smart, Deseret News
Utah coach Kyle Whittingham and his $525,000 pay raise this season are mentioned in a USA Today report.
Athletics director Chris Hill said the bump in pay (to $1.7 million per year) had to do with the Utes' move from the Mountain West to the Pac-12.
"We felt that as we made that move, we had to take people who do a good job and get them at least somewhat in the middle of the league," Hill told the newspaper.
A database of college football coaches salaries is included.
— The Pac-12 announced its all-conference academic team.
— Former Ute QB Alex Smith isn't worrying about a new contract from the 49ers right now.
— Check out ESPN 700's recent interviews involving the Utes.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 58
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28