Red roundup: Kyle Whittingham's $525,000 pay raise mentioned in USA Today report
Tom Smart, Deseret News
Utah coach Kyle Whittingham and his $525,000 pay raise this season are mentioned in a USA Today report.
Athletics director Chris Hill said the bump in pay (to $1.7 million per year) had to do with the Utes' move from the Mountain West to the Pac-12.
"We felt that as we made that move, we had to take people who do a good job and get them at least somewhat in the middle of the league," Hill told the newspaper.
A database of college football coaches salaries is included.
— The Pac-12 announced its all-conference academic team.
— Former Ute QB Alex Smith isn't worrying about a new contract from the 49ers right now.
— Check out ESPN 700's recent interviews involving the Utes.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- No. 18 BYU preparing for two Utah State...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 281
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 67
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 52
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- Dick Harmon: How will Utes slow down... 31
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 30