Jeffery D. Allred, Deseret News
When it comes to conference realignment, adding BYU is a priority for the Big East.
"The Big East is working hard to put BYU in its new west wing," according to ESPN.com. "A person with knowledge of the conference's expansion plans tells The Associated Press that Big East officials have made adding BYU a priority as they try to become a 12-team football conference. The person spoke on condition of anonymity Wednesday because negotiations were supposed to remain confidential. BYU is seriously considering joining the Big East, a conference source told ESPN's Joe Schad on Tuesday night."
Washington Examiner columnist Jim Williams was interviewed on KALL 700 Wednesday and provided more insights on BYU's possible move to the Big East.
Will Big East expansion weaken BCS AQ status?
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45