Jeffery D. Allred, Deseret News
When it comes to conference realignment, adding BYU is a priority for the Big East.
"The Big East is working hard to put BYU in its new west wing," according to ESPN.com. "A person with knowledge of the conference's expansion plans tells The Associated Press that Big East officials have made adding BYU a priority as they try to become a 12-team football conference. The person spoke on condition of anonymity Wednesday because negotiations were supposed to remain confidential. BYU is seriously considering joining the Big East, a conference source told ESPN's Joe Schad on Tuesday night."
Washington Examiner columnist Jim Williams was interviewed on KALL 700 Wednesday and provided more insights on BYU's possible move to the Big East.
Will Big East expansion weaken BCS AQ status?
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 102
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 81
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 11
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7