Former Utah State star Pooh Williams drafted into NBA development league
Former Utah State men’s basketball standout Pooh Williams was recently drafted in the NBA Development League by the Rio Grand Valley Vipers in the fourth round.
Williams was a four-year lettermen and three-year starter at Utah State, as he helped lead the Aggies to four straight Western Athletic Conference regular season championships (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011) and three trips to the NCAA Tournament (2009, 2010, 2011).
During his four-year Aggie career, Utah State compiled a 111-28 (.799) record, including a 68-1 (.986) mark at home.
Williams played in the fourth-most games (131) in school history and started the seventh-most (99). As a junior, he became the first Aggie ever named to the WAC’s all-defensive team along with being named the WAC’s Defensive Player of the Year by Sporting News.
For his career, Williams ranks seventh all-time at USU in 3-point attempts (320) and ninth all-time in 3-pointers made (117). He also scored in double-figures 33 times during his career, including 16 points against Kansas State in the 2011 NCAA Tournament, his final collegiate game.
Rio Grand Valley is the developmental team of the NBA’s Houston Rockets and is located in Hidalgo, Texas.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University.
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- Busch turns weekend into clean sweep with...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 105
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 54
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 28
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 23
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 18
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 17