Former Utah State star Pooh Williams drafted into NBA development league
Former Utah State men’s basketball standout Pooh Williams was recently drafted in the NBA Development League by the Rio Grand Valley Vipers in the fourth round.
Williams was a four-year lettermen and three-year starter at Utah State, as he helped lead the Aggies to four straight Western Athletic Conference regular season championships (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011) and three trips to the NCAA Tournament (2009, 2010, 2011).
During his four-year Aggie career, Utah State compiled a 111-28 (.799) record, including a 68-1 (.986) mark at home.
Williams played in the fourth-most games (131) in school history and started the seventh-most (99). As a junior, he became the first Aggie ever named to the WAC’s all-defensive team along with being named the WAC’s Defensive Player of the Year by Sporting News.
For his career, Williams ranks seventh all-time at USU in 3-point attempts (320) and ninth all-time in 3-pointers made (117). He also scored in double-figures 33 times during his career, including 16 points against Kansas State in the 2011 NCAA Tournament, his final collegiate game.
Rio Grand Valley is the developmental team of the NBA’s Houston Rockets and is located in Hidalgo, Texas.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University.
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- Honoring a legend: BYU star quarterback Jim...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Some surprises, lots of defense, on first day...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU Cougars video: Jeff Call tells us what to...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 292
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 60
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Dick Harmon: How will Utes slow down... 31