Person of interest in North Ogden teen's death faces new drug charge
, Family Photo
OGDEN — A North Ogden woman who has been called a "person of interest" in the death of Alexis Rasmussen is facing new criminal charges.
Dea Millerberg, 38, was charged Tuesday with one count of endangerment of a child or a vulnerable adult, a third-degree felony, in 2nd District Court. There was no probable cause statement attached to the single charge explaining the alleged crime. The charge alleges that on Oct. 4, Millerberg "did knowingly or intentionally cause or permit a child or a vulnerable adult to be exposed to, inhale, ingest or have contact with a controlled substance, chemical substance, or drug paraphernalia."
There is no mention in the charges who the child or vulnerable adult may have been.
Millerberg is also facing two counts of falsely obtaining or dispensing of a prescription, both third-degree felonies, in connection with incidents in May and July of this year. Her husband, Eric Millerberg, was sentenced to zero to five years in prison on Oct. 25 for a drug-related probation violation.
The couple has been identified as persons of interest in the death of 16-year-old Alexis Rasmussen. Rasmussen was last seen the night of Sept. 10, when she was babysitting the couple's two young daughters. Her body was found on Oct. 18 in Morgan County.
According to search warrants that were served on the Millerberg home, Rasmussen's friends said the teen was often given drugs in exchange for babysitting services. The warrant states that the couple was known to give various drugs to teenagers.
On the night Alexis went missing, Eric Millerberg allegedly asked one friend to "bring a car and don't ask any questions," the search warrant states.
One friend Eric Millerberg had asked to help apparently later talked to an attorney. That friend commented to the attorney, "I can't believe he killed a little girl. I'm not getting involved with that," the search warrant states.
Eric and Dea Millerberg have not been charged in connection with Alexis' disappearance and death.
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- 4 arrested in connection with fatal Cedar...
- Midvale killing may be case of self-defense,...
- Pregnant woman killed in collision with...
- Man shot in crowded Liberty Park during...
- See all the photos from the big Pioneer Day...
- Salt Lake man shoots 8-year-old boy, then...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 84
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17