Today in the Bloggernacle: LDS Media Library and the background story of a church artist
LDS Media Library
LDS images: Have you checked out the LDS Media Library lately? It is chock-full of amazing resources, including 2,400 images you can download or print that can enrich your lessons, serve as wallpaper on your computer or be used on the go on your phone. Wow! Larry Richman outlines what else is new in the LDS Media Library. Be sure to check out how you can help it grow even larger.
Humanitarian project: These missionaries take us on a tour of a “club foot clinic” in the Democratic Republic of the Congo: “This club foot treatment is life changing since without it children would have no more future than to be beggars. These adorable little guys (most with club feet are males) are treated for just a few weeks with casts and then shoes with rods between them and then followed up with treatment.” How does the LDS Church help? “The church also provides the shoes and other supplies used in this practice, which is also a training facility for technicians who are learning this treatment.” Impressive. Click in to see all the beautiful photos.
Dale Kilbourn: Ever heard of Dale Kilbourn? Perhaps not, but you’ve likely seen many of his paintings in churches and manuals. Learn about this remarkable artist from his daughter in this guest post at Keepapitchinin. She explains, “In recent years I have met many people who are familiar with my dad’s work. But what most people don’t know is that Dad did not become a member of the church until 1988, some 30 years after the first 'Be Honest With Yourself' card went to press. So how did someone who was not raised in the church, had never read The Book of Mormon or the Testimony of Joseph Smith, create images that radiate the spirit of their subjects? I think it has a lot to do with the character of the artist. Please forgive my self-indulgence here, but I think my dad is one of the most selfless, truehearted people I have ever met, not to mention one of the most gifted.” Awesome.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays.
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Wright Words: A day in the life of Mormon...
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- LDS grandmother completes Personal Progress...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 53
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 31
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better... 26
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 21
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin... 13
- Here's how you can learn more about God 13
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 9