Clayton Christensen voted most influential management guru
Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Clayton Christensen won the 2011 Thinkers50 Innovation Award and was ranked No. 1 of the top 50 “most influential management gurus” in a list released on Tuesday.
The Thinkers50 ranking is published every two years. The judging is based on voting on the Thinkers50 website and a team of advisers that use a set of criteria like originality of ideas, business sense and international outlook.
Christensen, a Salt Lake-born Harvard Business School professor of business administration, is the bestselling author of "The Innovator’s Dilemma". He has talked about a variety of topics, including education, healthcare and business.
The award-winning thinker founded Innosight, a consulting firm that helps companies grow through Christensen’s theories of disruptive innovation, a term coined in 1995. He also founded the Innosight Institute, a non-profit that works to solve societal problems like healthcare and education.
In Christensen’s recent book "The Innovative University," he and Henry J. Eyring, both BYU grads, use Harvard and BYU-Idaho as examples of schools that are raising quality, lowering cost and serving more students.
“Students will no longer have to accept mediocre teachers,” Christensen said in an interview with the Deseret News.
The complete Thinkers50 list is available at Thinkers50.com.
- Knocking doors: What to know before signing...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax this...
- Are you part of the global 'baby shortage'?
- Young adults prefer to share chores and...
- Nintendo opens 2015 with some big announcements
- Kimberly Rotter: 7 weird things that affect...
- Greek radical left wins election, threatening...
- EPA inventory highlights 'toxic' releases;...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 56
- Utah has fourth largest gender wage... 12
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 12
- Another study lists Salt Lake as one of... 10
- Obama idea to trim college savings... 6
- Does taking advantage of family leave... 4
- Greek radical left wins election,... 3
- Knocking doors: What to know before... 3