Clayton Christensen voted most influential management guru
Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Clayton Christensen won the 2011 Thinkers50 Innovation Award and was ranked No. 1 of the top 50 “most influential management gurus” in a list released on Tuesday.
The Thinkers50 ranking is published every two years. The judging is based on voting on the Thinkers50 website and a team of advisers that use a set of criteria like originality of ideas, business sense and international outlook.
Christensen, a Salt Lake-born Harvard Business School professor of business administration, is the bestselling author of "The Innovator’s Dilemma". He has talked about a variety of topics, including education, healthcare and business.
The award-winning thinker founded Innosight, a consulting firm that helps companies grow through Christensen’s theories of disruptive innovation, a term coined in 1995. He also founded the Innosight Institute, a non-profit that works to solve societal problems like healthcare and education.
In Christensen’s recent book "The Innovative University," he and Henry J. Eyring, both BYU grads, use Harvard and BYU-Idaho as examples of schools that are raising quality, lowering cost and serving more students.
“Students will no longer have to accept mediocre teachers,” Christensen said in an interview with the Deseret News.
The complete Thinkers50 list is available at Thinkers50.com.
- Lawsuit accuses state of illegally pursuing...
- Chinatown Supermarket opens in South Salt Lake
- 9 startup companies perfect for your family
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4 percent in...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529 plan
- Consumer index climbs to record level in Utah
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 20
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 13
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4... 12
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 8
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8