Clayton Christensen voted most influential management guru
Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Clayton Christensen won the 2011 Thinkers50 Innovation Award and was ranked No. 1 of the top 50 “most influential management gurus” in a list released on Tuesday.
The Thinkers50 ranking is published every two years. The judging is based on voting on the Thinkers50 website and a team of advisers that use a set of criteria like originality of ideas, business sense and international outlook.
Christensen, a Salt Lake-born Harvard Business School professor of business administration, is the bestselling author of "The Innovator’s Dilemma". He has talked about a variety of topics, including education, healthcare and business.
The award-winning thinker founded Innosight, a consulting firm that helps companies grow through Christensen’s theories of disruptive innovation, a term coined in 1995. He also founded the Innosight Institute, a non-profit that works to solve societal problems like healthcare and education.
In Christensen’s recent book "The Innovative University," he and Henry J. Eyring, both BYU grads, use Harvard and BYU-Idaho as examples of schools that are raising quality, lowering cost and serving more students.
“Students will no longer have to accept mediocre teachers,” Christensen said in an interview with the Deseret News.
The complete Thinkers50 list is available at Thinkers50.com.
- 'Another piece to the puzzle': Census reveals...
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally?
- Is the 40-hour workweek falling out of fashion?
- Balancing act: Survey: Millennials seek...
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter
- Dave Ramsey says: Gaining control of your...
- Banks fined more than $5B, to plead guilty to...
- McDonald's CEO faces shareholders amid...
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter 42
- Balancing act: Survey: Millennials seek... 13
- Lease or buy: That's the (car) question 11
- Smith's hopes to pass savings from... 7
- Banks fined more than $5B, to plead... 6
- 'Another piece to the puzzle': Census... 6
- McDonald's CEO faces shareholders amid... 3