2 men arrested for allegedly forcing woman into prostitution
SALT LAKE CITY — Two men were arrested over the weekend after allegedly holding a woman against her will and forcing her into prostitution.
Kevin Magee and Reginald Hall, both 24, were booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of exploiting prostitution, kidnapping and robbery. Hall's home is listed in jail records as Louisiana.
According to booking documents, the two men, "used force and fear" to make their victim "work as a prostitute and shared in the proceeds of prostitution."
The men "used force to deprive the victim of her money," a report states.
Magee and Hall were arrested Friday night after the woman texted a Salt Lake City vice officer that she was being held against her will, said Salt Lake Police Sgt. Mike Hamideh.
"They were able to pin down exactly where this victim's phone was," he said.
Hamideh said the city's vice squad tries to keep good relations with people they deal with to try and help them out of their lifestyles. In this case, the woman felt comfortable enough with the officer that she texted him.
The woman was found in the Layton area and the two men were arrested.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 43
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 29