2 men arrested for allegedly forcing woman into prostitution
SALT LAKE CITY — Two men were arrested over the weekend after allegedly holding a woman against her will and forcing her into prostitution.
Kevin Magee and Reginald Hall, both 24, were booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of exploiting prostitution, kidnapping and robbery. Hall's home is listed in jail records as Louisiana.
According to booking documents, the two men, "used force and fear" to make their victim "work as a prostitute and shared in the proceeds of prostitution."
The men "used force to deprive the victim of her money," a report states.
Magee and Hall were arrested Friday night after the woman texted a Salt Lake City vice officer that she was being held against her will, said Salt Lake Police Sgt. Mike Hamideh.
"They were able to pin down exactly where this victim's phone was," he said.
Hamideh said the city's vice squad tries to keep good relations with people they deal with to try and help them out of their lifestyles. In this case, the woman felt comfortable enough with the officer that she texted him.
The woman was found in the Layton area and the two men were arrested.
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- Doug Robinson: Utah's Glen Hanson has had an...
- President Packer's enduring legacy includes...
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in state...
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 66
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 40
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 32
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 25
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 22
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13