2 men arrested for allegedly forcing woman into prostitution
SALT LAKE CITY — Two men were arrested over the weekend after allegedly holding a woman against her will and forcing her into prostitution.
Kevin Magee and Reginald Hall, both 24, were booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of exploiting prostitution, kidnapping and robbery. Hall's home is listed in jail records as Louisiana.
According to booking documents, the two men, "used force and fear" to make their victim "work as a prostitute and shared in the proceeds of prostitution."
The men "used force to deprive the victim of her money," a report states.
Magee and Hall were arrested Friday night after the woman texted a Salt Lake City vice officer that she was being held against her will, said Salt Lake Police Sgt. Mike Hamideh.
"They were able to pin down exactly where this victim's phone was," he said.
Hamideh said the city's vice squad tries to keep good relations with people they deal with to try and help them out of their lifestyles. In this case, the woman felt comfortable enough with the officer that she texted him.
The woman was found in the Layton area and the two men were arrested.
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Harley rider killed in accident identified
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Earthquake in eastern Nevada felt in St....
- Students wear green to honor 2 Hillcrest...
- Hillcrest students, others show support for...
- Police arrest 4 suspected in 33 'pillowcase...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter 44
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Legalize medical marijuana? Utahns... 29
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15