2 men arrested for allegedly forcing woman into prostitution
SALT LAKE CITY — Two men were arrested over the weekend after allegedly holding a woman against her will and forcing her into prostitution.
Kevin Magee and Reginald Hall, both 24, were booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of exploiting prostitution, kidnapping and robbery. Hall's home is listed in jail records as Louisiana.
According to booking documents, the two men, "used force and fear" to make their victim "work as a prostitute and shared in the proceeds of prostitution."
The men "used force to deprive the victim of her money," a report states.
Magee and Hall were arrested Friday night after the woman texted a Salt Lake City vice officer that she was being held against her will, said Salt Lake Police Sgt. Mike Hamideh.
"They were able to pin down exactly where this victim's phone was," he said.
Hamideh said the city's vice squad tries to keep good relations with people they deal with to try and help them out of their lifestyles. In this case, the woman felt comfortable enough with the officer that she texted him.
The woman was found in the Layton area and the two men were arrested.
- Ex-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- After tragedy, couple uses genetic screening...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Pharmacist who stole pills in 2012 accused of...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Ex-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 92
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 11
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Circleville farmers scratching their... 8
- Kennecott hopes project will change... 7
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of... 7