Reader Voices: Prayers answered in a small village outside Venice
When I came back, I decided to learn more through reading and prayers. The Lord blessed me through his words, and little by little, without really realizing it, I was nourishing this testimony that I had received. Looking around me, I realized that the world's joy was often superficial and did not last. I could see many not relying on God but relying on the gods of this world. I clearly saw in my mind that these “joys” brought sadness to my heart for those who were already prisoners of those choices.
My testimony grew by searching, questioning, studying, praying and exercising my faith to a point that I knew this was the church of Jesus Christ where I could find peace and joy, and get closer to God.
It has been years now since this experience happened, but the same feelings are still deep in my heart. I have since served a full-time mission in Salt Lake City — a mission in the service of my God and my fellowmen for two years!
I had the chance to meet people from all over the world. I had the chance to discover a different culture, and my heart was filled with love. I spent hours and hours sharing my testimony and my heart, sharing the truth concerning the gospel of Jesus Christ, sharing my love for the Lord and our Father in heaven.
To see the lives of families change for the better because they allowed the gospel to enter into their hearts, to see smiles on faces that felt the love of the Savior in their personal lives, to see eyes marveling has touched my heart in a way that no one could ever understand because it was so personal. None of those experiences would have happened without the hand of the Lord in my life.
My knowledge and testimony have grown in ways that I could never have imagined. The more I learn, the more this feeling pushes and touches me. In the course of my life, many more seemingly small but eternal decisions were awaiting on my path after that beautiful day in my grandmother’s home.
This testimony has been an anchor reminding me of my eternal goal and destination. All the decisions I have made have led me on a course that I feel has been my Father in heaven's path for me. I just had to make that choice to follow him, and how grateful I am for his love and patience.
God answers prayers when they are sincere and filled with faith. He answered mine when I really wanted to know. And I know he’ll answer yours.
Roland Lepore lives in Lehi with his wife and four children. He self-published "Reflections of a Mormon" and founded lessaintsdesderniersjours.com, a blog sharing news about the church in French across the world.
- This is even more evidence that Jesus may...
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- Mormon Channel releases gritty videos of real...
- Helping people deal with criticisms against...
- President Uchtdorf dedicates addition to...
- How serving an LDS mission prepared me for...
- Defending the Faith: Parallels between Lehite...
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program 256
- Marching band not allowed to perform... 106
- Defending the Faith: Parallels between... 44
- LDS Church releases statement after... 28
- This is even more evidence that Jesus... 13
- Is there too much faith in college... 12
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a... 10
- Recently vandalized Fort Collins... 8