Reader Voices: Prayers answered in a small village outside Venice
When I came back, I decided to learn more through reading and prayers. The Lord blessed me through his words, and little by little, without really realizing it, I was nourishing this testimony that I had received. Looking around me, I realized that the world's joy was often superficial and did not last. I could see many not relying on God but relying on the gods of this world. I clearly saw in my mind that these “joys” brought sadness to my heart for those who were already prisoners of those choices.
My testimony grew by searching, questioning, studying, praying and exercising my faith to a point that I knew this was the church of Jesus Christ where I could find peace and joy, and get closer to God.
It has been years now since this experience happened, but the same feelings are still deep in my heart. I have since served a full-time mission in Salt Lake City — a mission in the service of my God and my fellowmen for two years!
I had the chance to meet people from all over the world. I had the chance to discover a different culture, and my heart was filled with love. I spent hours and hours sharing my testimony and my heart, sharing the truth concerning the gospel of Jesus Christ, sharing my love for the Lord and our Father in heaven.
To see the lives of families change for the better because they allowed the gospel to enter into their hearts, to see smiles on faces that felt the love of the Savior in their personal lives, to see eyes marveling has touched my heart in a way that no one could ever understand because it was so personal. None of those experiences would have happened without the hand of the Lord in my life.
My knowledge and testimony have grown in ways that I could never have imagined. The more I learn, the more this feeling pushes and touches me. In the course of my life, many more seemingly small but eternal decisions were awaiting on my path after that beautiful day in my grandmother’s home.
This testimony has been an anchor reminding me of my eternal goal and destination. All the decisions I have made have led me on a course that I feel has been my Father in heaven's path for me. I just had to make that choice to follow him, and how grateful I am for his love and patience.
God answers prayers when they are sincere and filled with faith. He answered mine when I really wanted to know. And I know he’ll answer yours.
Roland Lepore lives in Lehi with his wife and four children. He self-published "Reflections of a Mormon" and founded lessaintsdesderniersjours.com, a blog sharing news about the church in French across the world.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the first 3...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Many Christian denominations face challenges;...
- Defending the Faith: Remembering the Exodus...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer on trek...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer... 74
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 65
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 52
- Observers uncertain about the impact of... 49
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 29
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the... 19
- Defending the Faith: Remembering the... 19
- What life was like for the Mormon... 14