The Cricket & Seagull: 'I Will Sing!' Nobuaki Irie celebrates 20 years of performing LDS music in Japan
Provided by Nobuaki Irie
Nobuaki Irie, a native of Osaka, Japan, had never sung in public until he joined the LDS Church and was serving as a missionary in Fukuoka. In the 20 years since, this former Buddhist has sung and written music with artists like Janice Kapp Perry, Afterglow, Kenneth Cope, Jericho Road and others, all in Japanese.
This weekend Nobu is giving a 20th anniversary concert in his home ward in Osaka and has released "I Will Sing!" This new CD includes many of his favorite inspirational songs sung in Japanese with the artists who created them, and he includes several meaningful originals.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
• I Will Sing!
• Let Me Be a Light
• When Love Leads the Way
• Duty to God
• He Brought Me Light (with Daniel Beck)
• Like a Lighthouse
• My Single Heart
• Hold On, the Light Will Come
• Big Tree
• Never a Better Hero (with Kenneth Cope)
• Sukiyaki (with Jericho Road)
• I Believe in Christ
• Arigato Okaasan
• Nearer, My God, to Thee (with Bless4)
• My Friend, My Brother
• Extending Light
• I Will Sing! (English version)
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- New features at Ogden Temple reception tent...
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is better...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 22
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 18
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 14
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is... 9
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house... 8
- New features at Ogden Temple reception... 6