Michelle King returns to broadcasting as new host of 'Mormon Times TV' show
SALT LAKE CITY — Michelle King is back in broadcasting.
King will make her debut as the host of KSL TV’s "Mormon Times" television show this Sunday at 10 a.m.
King spent the majority of her 30-year broadcasting career as KUTV Ch. 2’s lead anchorwoman before she retired at the end of 2007. Then Michelle and her husband Steven were called to preside over the Atlanta Georgia North Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. After returning home this past July, King was approached about joining the "Mormon Times" show.
King wasn’t looking to return to broadcasting, but the job appealed to her because the schedule was flexible, the show was pre-recorded and she was passionate about its message.
“I see this opportunity as an extension of the message we shared for the last three years,” King said. “It’s an opportunity to share positive, inspiring, uplifting stories and I am happy to be doing it.”
KSL officials are excited to work with King.
“Utah viewers have missed Michelle and will welcome her in this new role,” said Michelle Torsak, KSL’s senior vice president of programming. “Her personal warmth and passion for this subject makes her a perfect fit.”
King takes over for former host Kathy Aiken, who recently left the show to pursue other opportunities.
Minor changes have been made to graphics and music, but the overall premise will remain the same, King said.
"Mormon Times TV" airs on Sundays at 10 a.m. on KSL Ch. 5. The content of the show includes inspiring stories and testimonies of those living the LDS faith. Guests on the show are typically well-known Mormon authors, artists and musicians, as well as everyday members.
The show targets members of the LDS Church, but King invites members of all faiths to tune in.
“It’s a values-driven show and it’s really for anyone,” King said. “I think members of any faith could get something out of the show.”
- President Packer was working on upcoming...
- 24 inspiring quotes from President Boyd K....
- BYU conference explores what's next for...
- 'A little dating community': Marriages emerge...
- Wright Words: What two lost college students...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- After Supreme Court marriage decision,...
- BYU conference explores what's next for... 83
- After Supreme Court marriage decision,... 61
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 42
- Ten Commandments decision prompts... 19
- Kate Kelly steps down from Ordain Women... 8
- President Packer was working on... 7
- President Packer's enduring legacy... 5
- 5 faith facts about Jim Webb:... 5