“I worry. It’s scary, but I am proud of JD for what he’s done,” Laura said.
Now that Thornock is out of the Marines and a full-time student at BYU-Idaho, he and Laura are living a normal life.
“Just through prayer it was clear: we need to go to BYU-Idaho,” Thornock said. “I love going to school here. Being here has been more therapeutic for any of the stress I have than any of the counseling. I don’t know what the ‘Spirit of Ricks’ thing is that they always talk about, but something is here. It’s definitely a strong presence.”
Hilary Owens is working toward a bachelor's in communication with an emphasis in journalism from BYU-Idaho. In her spare time, she loves to travel, spend time with family and work on a book she hopes to have published one day.
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- 10 things to do with an LDS account
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood' by...
- Court: Mormon church, members not liable in...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 62
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 50
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 30
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 28
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20