“I worry. It’s scary, but I am proud of JD for what he’s done,” Laura said.
Now that Thornock is out of the Marines and a full-time student at BYU-Idaho, he and Laura are living a normal life.
“Just through prayer it was clear: we need to go to BYU-Idaho,” Thornock said. “I love going to school here. Being here has been more therapeutic for any of the stress I have than any of the counseling. I don’t know what the ‘Spirit of Ricks’ thing is that they always talk about, but something is here. It’s definitely a strong presence.”
Hilary Owens is working toward a bachelor's in communication with an emphasis in journalism from BYU-Idaho. In her spare time, she loves to travel, spend time with family and work on a book she hopes to have published one day.
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and...
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- LDS convert and influential friend reunite...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 104
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 76
- Ask Angela: With so few choices, should... 75
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 73
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists... 71
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 59
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in... 56
- How much did President Obama donate to... 43