Ski Utah expecting very good season, even if snow total is half of what it was last year
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Utah's Ski season starts up this Thursday, and the industry is expecting another winning season. Last year's incredibly long season came within just a percentage point of setting an all-time record for skier days. Ski Utah says if we see just half of the snow we saw last year, it will be a very good season. And it believes new rankings from Ski Magazine will draw in more skiers and snowboarders. Utah ski resorts took the top spots in ten of the magazine's 20 categories. One of the biggest positives - easy access. Ski Utah this year also wants to groom young skiers. Every Utah 5th grader can get three lift tickets to any resort in the state. 6th graders can get one lift ticket. All it costs is 25 dollars total.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 15