Man killed in South Salt Lake auto-pedestrian accident
Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A 51-year-old man was killed in an auto-pedestrian accident Tuesday morning.
About 8:45 a.m. a man was crossing State Street near 3650 South when he was struck by a small passenger vehicle near the center lane, said South Salt Lake police detective Gary Keller.
The man was not crossing in a crosswalk.
All southbound lanes of State Street were expected to be closed from 3500 South to 3750 South until about noon while police conduct their investigation, Keller said.
Police had not released the man's name late Tuesday, pending notification of his family.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 15