Man killed in South Salt Lake auto-pedestrian accident
Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A 51-year-old man was killed in an auto-pedestrian accident Tuesday morning.
About 8:45 a.m. a man was crossing State Street near 3650 South when he was struck by a small passenger vehicle near the center lane, said South Salt Lake police detective Gary Keller.
The man was not crossing in a crosswalk.
All southbound lanes of State Street were expected to be closed from 3500 South to 3750 South until about noon while police conduct their investigation, Keller said.
Police had not released the man's name late Tuesday, pending notification of his family.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Report: Tourism spending in Utah grew to...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8
- San Juan County Commissioner appeals... 8