Man killed in South Salt Lake auto-pedestrian accident
Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A 51-year-old man was killed in an auto-pedestrian accident Tuesday morning.
About 8:45 a.m. a man was crossing State Street near 3650 South when he was struck by a small passenger vehicle near the center lane, said South Salt Lake police detective Gary Keller.
The man was not crossing in a crosswalk.
All southbound lanes of State Street were expected to be closed from 3500 South to 3750 South until about noon while police conduct their investigation, Keller said.
Police had not released the man's name late Tuesday, pending notification of his family.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- Understanding Israel and Hamas: Why this...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26