Man killed in South Salt Lake auto-pedestrian accident
Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A 51-year-old man was killed in an auto-pedestrian accident Tuesday morning.
About 8:45 a.m. a man was crossing State Street near 3650 South when he was struck by a small passenger vehicle near the center lane, said South Salt Lake police detective Gary Keller.
The man was not crossing in a crosswalk.
All southbound lanes of State Street were expected to be closed from 3500 South to 3750 South until about noon while police conduct their investigation, Keller said.
Police had not released the man's name late Tuesday, pending notification of his family.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Utah’s Great Gallery rock art younger...
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- Family of drowned Weber County man hopes free...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 52
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 47
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 29
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 24
- Water levels in Great Salt Lake... 19