Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A 51-year-old man was killed in an auto-pedestrian accident Tuesday morning.
About 8:45 a.m. a man was crossing State Street near 3650 South when he was struck by a small passenger vehicle near the center lane, said South Salt Lake police detective Gary Keller.
The man was not crossing in a crosswalk.
All southbound lanes of State Street were expected to be closed from 3500 South to 3750 South until about noon while police conduct their investigation, Keller said.
Police had not released the man's name late Tuesday, pending notification of his family.
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- National Weather Service radar mistakes swans...
- Passerby was mistakenly used as translator in...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- Orangeville couple killed in head-on crash
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 37
- Do Utah high school students need four... 31
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 20
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in... 18
- Young adults are faced with risky... 16
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists... 14
- John Swallow lost computer hard drive... 12