Utah Department of Public Safety
TREMONTON, Box Elder County — A 51-year-old woman from Mexico was killed Sunday when the vehicle she was riding in rolled on a icy stretch of I-15.
Police say a 2002 Cadillac Escalade was traveling south on I-15 near Tremonton about 8:30 a.m. when the driver lost control of the vehicle on an icy bridge. The Cadillac rolled several times before coming to rest in the median of the divided freeway, police said.
Maria Cristela Ayla Ponce, of Coahuila, Mexico, died from injuries sustained in the crash. The five others in the car, all from San Antonio, suffered varying degrees of injuries.
An 11-year-old boy who was not wearing a seat belt was ejected from the vehicle and suffered a broken leg, police said. A 13-year-old girl was taken to Primary Children's Medical Center with internal injuries.
The 34-year-old driver of the car was taken to University Hospital with head lacerations and a broken clavicle.
A 31-year-old woman was airlifted to McKay-Dee Hospital in Ogden with internal injuries. And a 54-year-old man was taken to Bear River Valley Hospital with minor injuries.
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Elderly man hit, killed after chasing dog...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Charges: Man murdered woman who had been...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 37
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11
- Cheerleaders for Medicaid expansion ask... 9