Utah Department of Public Safety
TREMONTON, Box Elder County — A 51-year-old woman from Mexico was killed Sunday when the vehicle she was riding in rolled on a icy stretch of I-15.
Police say a 2002 Cadillac Escalade was traveling south on I-15 near Tremonton about 8:30 a.m. when the driver lost control of the vehicle on an icy bridge. The Cadillac rolled several times before coming to rest in the median of the divided freeway, police said.
Maria Cristela Ayla Ponce, of Coahuila, Mexico, died from injuries sustained in the crash. The five others in the car, all from San Antonio, suffered varying degrees of injuries.
An 11-year-old boy who was not wearing a seat belt was ejected from the vehicle and suffered a broken leg, police said. A 13-year-old girl was taken to Primary Children's Medical Center with internal injuries.
The 34-year-old driver of the car was taken to University Hospital with head lacerations and a broken clavicle.
A 31-year-old woman was airlifted to McKay-Dee Hospital in Ogden with internal injuries. And a 54-year-old man was taken to Bear River Valley Hospital with minor injuries.
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked...
- Photos: A photographic look at Elder L. Tom...
- Wind-fueled fire rips through large Draper home
- Koch brothers group launches campaign against...
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an 'uncommon' life...
- Couple arrested in Louisiana for $114K theft...
- Jammed highway lights fire under Arches...
- Woman, 69, fights off carjacker who then sets...
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 45
- Koch brothers group launches campaign... 35
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 34
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 27
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an... 22
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 16