Utah Department of Public Safety
TREMONTON, Box Elder County — A 51-year-old woman from Mexico was killed Sunday when the vehicle she was riding in rolled on a icy stretch of I-15.
Police say a 2002 Cadillac Escalade was traveling south on I-15 near Tremonton about 8:30 a.m. when the driver lost control of the vehicle on an icy bridge. The Cadillac rolled several times before coming to rest in the median of the divided freeway, police said.
Maria Cristela Ayla Ponce, of Coahuila, Mexico, died from injuries sustained in the crash. The five others in the car, all from San Antonio, suffered varying degrees of injuries.
An 11-year-old boy who was not wearing a seat belt was ejected from the vehicle and suffered a broken leg, police said. A 13-year-old girl was taken to Primary Children's Medical Center with internal injuries.
The 34-year-old driver of the car was taken to University Hospital with head lacerations and a broken clavicle.
A 31-year-old woman was airlifted to McKay-Dee Hospital in Ogden with internal injuries. And a 54-year-old man was taken to Bear River Valley Hospital with minor injuries.
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- Couple charged with stealing Hondas from TRAX...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 41
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 37
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 26
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 19
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17