Utah Department of Public Safety
TREMONTON, Box Elder County — A 51-year-old woman from Mexico was killed Sunday when the vehicle she was riding in rolled on a icy stretch of I-15.
Police say a 2002 Cadillac Escalade was traveling south on I-15 near Tremonton about 8:30 a.m. when the driver lost control of the vehicle on an icy bridge. The Cadillac rolled several times before coming to rest in the median of the divided freeway, police said.
Maria Cristela Ayla Ponce, of Coahuila, Mexico, died from injuries sustained in the crash. The five others in the car, all from San Antonio, suffered varying degrees of injuries.
An 11-year-old boy who was not wearing a seat belt was ejected from the vehicle and suffered a broken leg, police said. A 13-year-old girl was taken to Primary Children's Medical Center with internal injuries.
The 34-year-old driver of the car was taken to University Hospital with head lacerations and a broken clavicle.
A 31-year-old woman was airlifted to McKay-Dee Hospital in Ogden with internal injuries. And a 54-year-old man was taken to Bear River Valley Hospital with minor injuries.
- Prison relocation process slows down
- Mom of Darrien Hunt being investigated in...
- Strack family: Search warrants begin 'to...
- New poll shows Love, Owens race tightens;...
- Clearfield pediatrician arrested in child...
- Appeal of excommunicated LDS activist Kate...
- Man accused of shooting 72-year-old West...
- Utah families, researchers play role in...
- Doug Owens ahead of Mia Love in new poll 59
- Most Utah students aren't proficient in... 54
- New poll shows Love, Owens race... 46
- State autopsy: Police shot Darrien Hunt... 34
- Officers say they shot Darrien Hunt out... 30
- Final debate between Mia Love and Doug... 27
- Prison relocation process slows down 24
- Mom of Darrien Hunt being investigated... 23