Fans of the hit show "Yo Gabba Gabba" will have the opportunity to dance with their favorite characters as they come to life on stage.
The Nickelodeon show is coming to Salt Lake City on Nov. 9. Called "Yo Gabba Gabba Live! It's Time To Dance!", the show features classic "Yo Gabba Gabba" songs as well as new performances and interactive singing and dancing. The original cast includes DJ Lance Rock, Brobee, Foofa, Muno, Plex and Toodee.
"I'm really excited to come back to Salt Lake City," creator Christian Jacobs said. "I have a lot of friends and family, including my parents, here and, in a way, I'm coming home."
The concert, Jacobs explained, is more of a kids concert and dance party. "Yo Gabba Gabba" features interactive elements and a non-Broadway narrative approach.
"Last time we came to Salt Lake, it was a really big concert party," Jacobs said. "'Sesame Street,' for example, did a narrative story (on its live show) and we try to do what's on our TV show daily, something fresh and fun."
As the company describes, this "high-energy production features a mix of music, animation, games, singing and dancing." It's aimed at preschoolers and "their indie-rock-loving parents."
"The show is a nonstop visual and aural party with great music from the series, colorful lighting, lively dancing, fun interactive games to join in and some special effects," said Glenn Orsher, director/producer of "Yo Gabba Gabba Live." "It is not designed for audiences to 'watch' but rather for them to join in and become a part of the fun."
"Yo Gabba Gabba" will have two shows, one at 3 p.m. and the other at 6 p.m. at Kingsbury Hall. For ticket and show information, visit the "Yo Gabba Gabba Live" website.
- The Clean Cut: David Archuleta, Lexi Walker...
- The Clean Cut: Stuttering comedian wins over...
- 25 restaurants that offer free food on your...
- ‘Wife bonus:’ Is paying women...
- Why my husband never sleeps on the couch and...
- Music in the air: Outdoor concerts getting...
- Utah Jazz: Hugh Greenwood isn’t just a...
- The key ingredient to a more fulfilling life
- Why my husband never sleeps on the... 26
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 13
- How strict should parents really be? 5
- Erin Stewart: Are your possessions... 5
- How different types of mothers have... 4
- Great-grandfather receives honorary... 3
- Motherhood Matters: 6 ways to help your... 3
- ‘Wife bonus:’ Is paying... 3