PROVO, Utah – Wrapping up its fall season, the BYU women’s tennis team heads to Salt Lake City on Friday to compete in the Utah Invitational.
Play begins with the first round of doubles, followed by the first and second singles rounds. The tournament runs through Sunday at the George S. Eccles Tennis Center at the University of Utah.
Two BYU doubles duos will compete in the tournament. Junior Aubrey Paul and sophomore Desiree Tran team up to take on Marlena Pietzuch and Manuela Pietzuch of Boise State in the first round. Senior Megan Price and freshman Meghan Sheehan-Dizon kick off competition Saturday in the second round of the doubles draw after receiving a first round bye.
Paul and Tran are 3-0 in fall play while Price and Sheehan-Dizon have accumulated a 3-1 record.
Freshman Morgan Anderson and Price will compete in the singles draw-A for the Cougars. Anderson will face a first round matchup against Boise State’s Marlena Pietzuch while Price takes on Wyoming’s Sasa Nemcova.
In singles draw-B, Tran will challenge Kaitlyn Brown of Boise State in her first round matchup. Paul and Sheehan-Dizon look to move past Idaho State’s Zamira Vasquez and Marian Tangarife, respectively.
Paul led the Cougars during fall play with a 9-4 record. Tran and Sheenhan-Dizon have recorded six wins each.
The Cougars will face opponents from Boise State, LSU, Wyoming, Idaho State and rival Utah.
Whitney Brooks works in BYU athletic communications as the tennis sports information director. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 55
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 54
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48