Although the "I'm a Mormon" campaign isn't new, the CNN Belief Blog looks into the diversity of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Eric Marrapodi writes about Washington's Third Ward: "White, black, Asian and Hispanic Mormons mingle before the service begins. ... It is not a special multicultural celebration Sunday. For this growing Mormon congregation in northeast Washington, it's just another weekend."
The article — "With 'I'm a Mormon' campaign, church counters lily-white image" — also touches on defining Mormonism.
The Deseret News has covered similar stories concerning the "I'm a Mormon" campaign, including "Bloggernacle: 'I'm a Mormon' and BYU students stats"; "Reactions to Brandon Flowers' Mormon.org video"; "LDS advertising campaign elicits 'significant increase' in website visitors" and "'I'm a Mormon' campaign extending to 12 U.S. cities."
- Picturing history: West Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Jerry Earl Johnston: At times the people we...
- Why many churches can't endorse political...
- LDS.org post opens arms to 'Pokemon Go' players
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at Republican...
- BYU climbs from No. 15 to No. 5 in this...
- 5 diverse appeals to God that were just made...
- What's new: 'By the Voice of My Servants'...
- Defending the Faith: Two theological... 31
- BYU climbs from No. 15 to No. 5 in this... 25
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4... 25
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at... 22
- Why many churches can't endorse... 13
- Revealed: What a draft of the... 10
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment'... 10
- LDS.org post opens arms to 'Pokemon Go'... 9