Although the "I'm a Mormon" campaign isn't new, the CNN Belief Blog looks into the diversity of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Eric Marrapodi writes about Washington's Third Ward: "White, black, Asian and Hispanic Mormons mingle before the service begins. ... It is not a special multicultural celebration Sunday. For this growing Mormon congregation in northeast Washington, it's just another weekend."
The article — "With 'I'm a Mormon' campaign, church counters lily-white image" — also touches on defining Mormonism.
The Deseret News has covered similar stories concerning the "I'm a Mormon" campaign, including "Bloggernacle: 'I'm a Mormon' and BYU students stats"; "Reactions to Brandon Flowers' Mormon.org video"; "LDS advertising campaign elicits 'significant increase' in website visitors" and "'I'm a Mormon' campaign extending to 12 U.S. cities."
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and...
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- LDS convert and influential friend reunite...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 104
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 76
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 76
- Ask Angela: With so few choices, should... 75
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists... 71
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 61
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on... 46
- How much did President Obama donate to... 44