Although the "I'm a Mormon" campaign isn't new, the CNN Belief Blog looks into the diversity of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Eric Marrapodi writes about Washington's Third Ward: "White, black, Asian and Hispanic Mormons mingle before the service begins. ... It is not a special multicultural celebration Sunday. For this growing Mormon congregation in northeast Washington, it's just another weekend."
The article — "With 'I'm a Mormon' campaign, church counters lily-white image" — also touches on defining Mormonism.
The Deseret News has covered similar stories concerning the "I'm a Mormon" campaign, including "Bloggernacle: 'I'm a Mormon' and BYU students stats"; "Reactions to Brandon Flowers' Mormon.org video"; "LDS advertising campaign elicits 'significant increase' in website visitors" and "'I'm a Mormon' campaign extending to 12 U.S. cities."
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- LDS mom qualifies for U.S. Olympic Marathon...
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- ‘Ambushed’ officer: God told me...
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles regardless of...
- The best Christian workplaces in 2015
- ValueSpeak: 'Goodbye, Farewell and Amen'
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The... 26
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles... 25
- Russians' views on religion are... 16
- 5 faith facts about Jim Gilmore:... 8
- LDS World: Western author Wallace... 6
- Jerry Earl Johnston: My latest minuet... 4
- Evangelicals back carbon reduction plan 3
- ValueSpeak: 'Goodbye, Farewell and Amen' 3