Although the "I'm a Mormon" campaign isn't new, the CNN Belief Blog looks into the diversity of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Eric Marrapodi writes about Washington's Third Ward: "White, black, Asian and Hispanic Mormons mingle before the service begins. ... It is not a special multicultural celebration Sunday. For this growing Mormon congregation in northeast Washington, it's just another weekend."
The article — "With 'I'm a Mormon' campaign, church counters lily-white image" — also touches on defining Mormonism.
The Deseret News has covered similar stories concerning the "I'm a Mormon" campaign, including "Bloggernacle: 'I'm a Mormon' and BYU students stats"; "Reactions to Brandon Flowers' Mormon.org video"; "LDS advertising campaign elicits 'significant increase' in website visitors" and "'I'm a Mormon' campaign extending to 12 U.S. cities."
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground on...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 171
- Why I don’t call myself a... 95
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 64
- General Women's Session focuses on... 29
- State bills to protect religious... 21
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 17
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground... 14
- Indiana Gov. Mike Pence: ‘Not... 12