College graduates across the nation owed an average of $25,000 in student debt in 2010, while Utah grads had the lowest average debt at $15,509, according to a new report from the Project on Student Debt.
Student-loan debt was up nationally by 5.2 percent from $24,000 owed by 2009 grads, according to an LA Times article on the report by the Project on Student Debt at the Institute for College Access & Success. This is the first time the average student-loan debt has topped $25,000.
The debt increase was smaller than expected by some experts who had anticipated a larger increase because of the poor economy, the article reports, but financial aid helped offset costs for low-income students and those with higher tuitions.
Jon Byington is the founder of DosLives.com, a news and entertainment website that reaches the growing number of Latinos in the U.S.
- System failure to blame for delayed Saturday...
- Weber State center helping to improve auto...
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage...
- Cedar Hills to require business licenses for...
- 3,000 Workforce Services clients may be...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 31
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low 10
- System failure to blame for delayed... 8
- Obama to feds: Boost renewable power 20... 6
- Cedar Hills to require business... 5
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view... 4
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for... 2
- United Kingdom government predicting... 1