College graduates across the nation owed an average of $25,000 in student debt in 2010, while Utah grads had the lowest average debt at $15,509, according to a new report from the Project on Student Debt.
Student-loan debt was up nationally by 5.2 percent from $24,000 owed by 2009 grads, according to an LA Times article on the report by the Project on Student Debt at the Institute for College Access & Success. This is the first time the average student-loan debt has topped $25,000.
The debt increase was smaller than expected by some experts who had anticipated a larger increase because of the poor economy, the article reports, but financial aid helped offset costs for low-income students and those with higher tuitions.
Jon Byington is the founder of DosLives.com, a news and entertainment website that reaches the growing number of Latinos in the U.S.
- Why your co-workers come to work sick
- Dave Ramsey says: Stick with paying the...
- Michelle Singletary: Like searching for...
- Local government board fostered 'culture of...
- BLM releases blueprint for oil and gas...
- 5 tips for a successful job interview
- Family whose 3-year-old daughter has cancer...
- Business says thanks by donating 10 bicycles...
- Local government board fostered... 16
- Salt Lake's 'passive' house a model of... 6
- Provo airport expansion could provide... 5
- BLM releases blueprint for oil and gas... 4
- Millions being spent gambling at 2... 3
- Why your co-workers come to work sick 1
- Michelle Singletary: Like searching for... 1
- 5 tips for a successful job interview 1